Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello travelers of Sundren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello travelers of Sundren

Hail and well met! I am new to the NWN2 game and 3.5 ruleset of D&D, but have been playing MMOs of all types for the last 3 years. In the Early/Mid 80s played a bit of PnP AD&D and Traveller, but relatively inexperainced with regards to RP.

I have been over much of your forums but failed to find the answers to a couple of questions:

Is there an application process?

Is there a new player FAQ somewhere? Really the basics of installing PW files or connecting to the servers?

How are players integrated into the world? Just start doing quests as they are found?

Is there a global chat/meeting place in-game to find parties?

Is this a good PW for someone who would be classfied as RP-Lite, but willing to learn to be better?

Do NPC's join your party and are controlled like the store bought campaign?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Hello there Maax,

It is good to see people new to persistent worlds, it is not a daunting task at all and hopefully I can clarify all your questions.

Is there an application process?
    Some servers enforce this policy. Sundren on the other hand does not. There is no special application process to gain access to the server.

Is there a new player FAQ somewhere? Really the basics of installing PW files or connecting to the servers?
    When the Open Beta goes live (soon) we will provide detailed instructions on the site how to download and install the client files and tell you how to connect to the server. If you experience any problems at all you can simply ask for help here on the forum.

How are players integrated into the world? Just start doing quests as they are found?
    You will be able to find quests by talking to some NPCs while exploring. Some quests will be given by DMs when present on the server. You can also socialize with other players and form parties to tackle quests.

Is there a global chat/meeting place in-game to find parties?
    There is a shout channel but we keep this disabled. You can PM other players ingame or request them to join your party. As well, there will be various social places other players will gather that you will learn are good spots to find a party. If you are having problems finding a party, you can see if a DM is on by using the DM channel. IE "/dm Hey, I can't find a party!". That will send a message to the DM channel which only DMs can see.

Is this a good PW for someone who would be classfied as RP-Lite, but willing to learn to be better?
    Sundren would be classified as medium to heavy RP, but don't let that intimidate you. Other players and Sundren staff will be happy to help you on your way to learning the ins and outs of roleplaying. Just remember to stay in character unless using tells (private messages) or using brackets to signify you are speaking out of character.

As long as you remember that, the roleplaying will eventually come naturally.

Do NPC's join your party and are controlled like the store bought campaign?
    Unlike the campaign, most if not all persistent worlds do not use NPC companions. This is because the environment is an open online world in which you are encouraged to find other real players to party with.

However, this is not to say there will not be future plans for a sword for hire, or some form of purchasable pet.

I hope I have clearly answered all your questions. As always, if you still need clarification with anything, feel free to ask.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
    X