Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi all. Started a character (Arden Doraine, Ilmatari extremist) on this server a couple of days ago. After being severely outsmarted by automatically locking doors, I seem to be enjoying roleplaying. Everyone I've met is a skilled roleplayer and a pleasant individual to be boot. I'm finding it really hard to progress in the game, though. Finding players around my level to fight things with me is really difficult, as everybody seems to have progressed past that stage. Any advice on that?
    Arden Doraine

First of all I welcome you to our community. I am really glad that you decided to ask questions. It is true that most of the community has progressed past the beginning stages of leveling. but the good news is that most of us have a few alts, or are willing to make one. Never be afraid to ask if someone has a toon that is around your level, or know someone that is.

On that note I would suggest looking at the Wiki and getting used to our lore, and amazing things the staff has done to make this one of the best servers. And you are welcome to ask questions here on the board, or in game. Most of us are nice and willing to help to the best of our abilities.

Have fun and enjoy!
    Active Characters
    Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
    Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
    Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
    Dorin Hammond- Scout
    Seith Ronson- Master of War
    "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
    Socrates
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard, sir! Sit down, have a pint, and feel free to help yourself to the pizza.
      We can axe if we want to, leave that sword behind. Because your friends don't axe, and if they don't axe then they're no friends of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by YakaryBovine
        After being severely outsmarted by automatically locking doors...
        Victory is mine! Bwahaha!

Welcome.

Comment

in sundren, nobody ever says 'dumb as a doornail.' for we fear the doors, their nails, and their superior intelligence.

Welcome to the server.
          "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by YakaryBovine
            Finding players around my level to fight things with me is really difficult, as everybody seems to have progressed past that stage.
            What class, and level. I got people scattered all around- and a wizard to ward you with if you need it. Leveling is hard alone, I am more then willing to help you along, especially if you are a class that requires a party.

Tas Krita- Thayan
            Ashen - MoMF

Comment

Originally posted by Jhickey View Post
              ...the good news is that most of us have a few alts, or are willing to make one. Never be afraid to ask if someone has a toon that is around your level, or know someone that is.
              Thanks! I hadn't actually realized this - assumed it was a one-character kind of deal. While your advice is great, your timing seems to be better. A few minutes after you said this I came across a few lower leveled characters and had a good time. Cheers, for whatever witchcraft you invoked.

Originally posted by Jhickey View Post
              On that note I would suggest looking at the Wiki and getting used to our lore!
              I try, but every time I do I get distracted by peoples' character biographies. Some of them are great reads.

Originally posted by Atmosphere View Post
              in sundren, nobody ever says 'dumb as a doornail.' for we fear the doors, their nails, and their superior intelligence.
              Maybe 'deadly as a door' might be more appropriate? Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Originally posted by KingArthur View Post
              What class, and level. I got people scattered all around- and a wizard to ward you with if you need it. Leveling is hard alone, I am more then willing to help you along, especially if you are a class that requires a party.
              I'm a Cleric 3 / Monk 2. More low level company would be welcome, cheers!

Edit: I did have a question, actually. How do I gain access to the forum of the faction I joined in-game?
              Arden Doraine

Comment

Make a character request, maybe.

Tas Krita- Thayan
                Ashen - MoMF

Comment

A question! How do I go about creating a Wiki account to create a character biography? I'm probably missing something really obvious, but it seems to me that the account signup page is restricted.
                  Arden Doraine

Comment

Originally posted by KingArthur View Post
                    Make a character request, maybe.
                    User CP -> Group Membership
                    "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by YakaryBovine View Post
                      A question! How do I go about creating a Wiki account to create a character biography? I'm probably missing something really obvious, but it seems to me that the account signup page is restricted.
                      Send a pm to Saulus and he can help you go about setting one up.
                      Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
                      Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
                      Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by Atmosphere View Post
                        User CP -> Group Membership
                        Well, that teaches me to post additional information in an edit 10 minutes after the post. Cheers.
                        Originally posted by OnyxTigress View Post
                        Send a pm to Saulus and he can help you go about setting one up.
                        Thanks!
                        Arden Doraine

Comment

Working...
                        X