Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salutations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salutations.

I greet the staff and players of the Sundren community.

I am WhenWizardsWar, or WWW or Tri W or just Wiz if you prefer, those are names I am often called by.

I've been rping online for many years now, and roleplaying PnP for as long as I can remember. Ive played many characters on many servers on both nwn1 and nwn2 engines. As far as Nwn2 is concerned i started my RP on the Baldurs Gate server when it was in its infancy (only six or seven areas large!), I was both a player and a DM there for awhile. Ive drifted here and there, playing on the dalelands and Elbinaators realm (i may have gotten the name wrong). Recently, (the past year or so) Ive resided on the great planar city of Sigil.

Sigil has periods of inactivity when there are no players online, and it was during one of these recent periods I downloaded the Sundren content. The first thing that amazed me was the class's and the new custom features. I was scrolling down the list and saw alot of things that made me squeel with glee.

Dread Masters?:*Drools in the name of Bane*
    Aurilites?:*Extinguishs the heathen flames in her name*
    Morninglord of lathander?:*rejoices as the morning lord exerts dominance over the dark*

and so many more!

The big one that caught my eye is the master of many forms. Ive long been a fan of the shifter prc from nwn1 and i dearly missed it when I started playing Nwn2. I plan on, (once the community gets to know me better) writeing and developing bios for said prc as well as alot of my favorite ones that have my fancy tickled.

The sheer custom content is...staggering and I love the new custom spells!. Ive had a character for along time from PnP days, nwn1 days and recently an incarnation on sigil where they have the mystic theurge class as well. I knew it was no going to be long before i brought my ultra-magic man to Sundren and indeed it did not take long at all.

The server is large, and i do find it overwhelming but, so far the rp i have taken place in has been top notch and the characters are clearly well thought out and developed.

I do believe I'll stay awhile .

I understand the servers aim and type of atmosphere that is carefully maintained and i know the server is going through some remodeling i do have one minor nit pick and its not even a nit pick really.

Im all for RP, i understand that is the POINT, and a point i love sharpening. I understand most servers have done away with it now a days but i wish there was a way to identify who is within the same adventuring capabilities as you so it would be easier to pair up and go exploring. Please note I said exploring not leveling. I do like a steady leveling system, not super fast ones (sigils system is abit to fast for me but it does not turn me off to it) I have not figured out the progress rate for Sundren yet but my ideal progress is usually the first five or six levels not taking to long, (a few days maybe a week) and the levels take a bit longer and longer after that.

Still, i do believe there is something to be said about a slower incremental leveling system, it makes you feel like you really earned that tenth fifteen or even twentieth level.

But i'll make do, I can clearly see Sundren is with adapting too.

I hope to see you all in game and hope to have many fun and interesting interactions with you all.

Right now my two characters are Damien Clauth, a fencer (swordsman not illegal goods) from Luskan who has just approached the legion for work!.

Then there is Owen Belmont a young man fresh out of Waterdeep who has just finished his apprenticeship under a wise and kind wizard and now travels the road with a spell book at his side and his devotion to the gods and goddesses of knowledge and magic in his heart as he seeks to explore, decipher and maybe publish materials about the things he discovers during his travels!, oh and we cant forget his playful wise cracking familiar Cypher.

See you all in game!.
    I Play

Damien Clauth=Legion Hopeful
    Owen Belmont:Young Wizardly Cleric
    Hralgar Stonehshield=One Dwarf Phalanx.
    Leira Whitemane=Drop dead beautiful performer at the Second Wind Inn
    Harlim Hustlefoot=Dungeon Delver Extraordinaire!

Hello and welcome to Sundren.

Have a cookie.
    But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
    - Nessa

Comment

Originally posted by WhenWizardsWar
      I understand most servers have done away with it now a days but i wish there was a way to identify who is within the same adventuring capabilities as you so it would be easier to pair up and go exploring.
      This would be nice, if it showed you very approximately their level in comparison to your own. e.g. Weak, Challenging, Strong, Don't F'ing think about it.

However, it does create some tension, and adds greater RP realism to PvP when you don't want to risk messing with someone because you don't know how strong they are. Usually I will send a tell saying "Hey im level X, are u in my level range?" so if they don't want to tell u their exact level they don't have to.

Originally posted by WhenWizardsWar
      I do like a steady leveling system, not super fast ones (sigils system is abit to fast for me but it does not turn me off to it) I have not figured out the progress rate for Sundren yet but my ideal progress is usually the first five or six levels not taking to long, (a few days maybe a week) and the levels take a bit longer and longer after that.

Still, i do believe there is something to be said about a slower incremental leveling system, it makes you feel like you really earned that tenth fifteen or even twentieth level.
      Sundren is the 2nd slowest leveling server I have ever played on. I've been here for...hmm, 500+ hours of playtime and I'm not level 20 yet. Then again, I've seen others get to 20 in under two weeks if you don't mind grinding a bit, so there's room for all play types.

And yes, the slower leveling definitely means you appreciate it much more when you reach 20th!

Anyway, welcome and enjoy! Hope to see you ingame
      UTC+8
      Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
      Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Welcome. Glad you are enjoying the server. After all these years there are still people who haven't seen all the cool things we've created! Spread the word.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Welcome to Sundren. Hope to see you in the game
          Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

Welcome to Sundren, and enjoy.
            Active Characters
            Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
            Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
            Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
            Dorin Hammond- Scout
            Seith Ronson- Master of War
            "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
            Socrates
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X