Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guten tag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guten tag!

Hello everyone,

No. I'm not German, I just wanted to say hello that way.

I'm not entirely new to the forums. I've had an account here for quite some time but never got around to actually playing (College). I don't recall ever formally introducing myself, so here we go!

My name is Jeff. I haven't role played in a couple years (So if you've seen me in game already, forgive me, I am a bit rusty). I hale from Southwest Ohio, where I am an Auditor for a small-ish University. I love my job (serious face).

In the past, I was a frequent user of the now dead (by some sort of cosmic impact, I presume) world of Moonlight and Shadows. My account there was Hengall, so if any of you happen to remember me, I'd love to hear from you. It's been approximately 3-4 years since I've seriously role played (all of it was there).

You'll see me in game frequently on Weekdays after 5:00 PM (GMT -5:00; AKA "EST") and pretty much whenever on Weekends. My account is the same as my forum handle, and the only character I plan on using for now is a slightly paranoid man named "Fithram".
    Selanus Raleigh - Thief; Manipulator; Information gatherer; devout worshipper of Mask.

01/04/2012

Welcome!

Great to see a new face. Hope you enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask any questions!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I remember your name from Moonlight and Shadows. Cant for the life of my remember your character (sorry ;p).

Welcome to Sundren anyways. Dont worry we dont have razor boars here!
      Originally posted by roguethree
      If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Hey, welcome! We met in game already (Altherion, who is my main character)...could tell straight away you're a seasoned RP'er

Fithram is very interesting. He seems...kind of...normal. Which is abnormal. If you get what i mean.
        UTC+8
        Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
        Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Willkommen!
          Cheers!

Comment

Welcome!
            Originally posted by Satoshi
            Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
            Originally posted by Cornuto
            Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus
              Welcome!

Great to see a new face. Hope you enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask any questions!
              Thanks Saulus! One of my biggest regrets on M&S was that I never got deeply involved with DM events. I'd like to change that fact. When do DMs tend to be the most active?

Originally posted by Thief of Navarre
              I remember your name from Moonlight and Shadows. Cant for the life of my remember your character (sorry ;p).

Welcome to Sundren anyways. Dont worry we dont have razor boars here!
              No worries mate. I distinctly remember seeing your name around in the forums, but I don't know if our characters ever actually met. So I don't know or remember any of your characters' names. I do remember a post you made on the forums about how to handle 'evil' characters as characters instead of villains. I thoroughly enjoyed that read.

Most of the time I played Nouda (that wasn't his 'real' name though). He was a Sergeant of High Hold's militia and eventually became Llorkh's ambassador to Silverymoon (which seemed odd to me, Nouda wasn't the most diplomatic individual).

Originally posted by Thaelis
              Hey, welcome! We met in game already (Altherion, who is my main character)...could tell straight away you're a seasoned RP'er

Fithram is very interesting. He seems...kind of...normal. Which is abnormal. If you get what i mean.
              Thanks. Appearing normal was my intent. Sometimes I feel like many characters (I'm guilty of it, too) are open books about who they are, where they are from, and why they are where they are. It seems a little naive. I'd rather have interactions between characters that build trust and move up to learning about one another.

That said, I enjoyed our walk. Having some new person walk Fithram to a city was very much a risk versus reward scenario.
              Selanus Raleigh - Thief; Manipulator; Information gatherer; devout worshipper of Mask.

01/04/2012

Comment

Depends on the DM, but I'd say most of the time the eastern timezone is your best bet.
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I, myself, operate on the pacific timezone.

Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays are usually when I am most active.

Comment

Welcome!
                    Characters:
                    Kore Phrixxus: Pain(Priestess) of Loviatar. Aisleyn Fairefoot: A whimsical hin with a shin-kickin' attitude, and a bow to back it up!

“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
                    Glen Cook, Black Company

Comment

Must have been one of my more blasphemous posts about alignment. roguethree wouldn't have enjoyed it

Good to have you with us!
                      Originally posted by roguethree
                      If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

What I don't even?

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
                          What I don't even?
                          You're a smarmy know-it-all, duh.

To the OP, welcome to Sundren. Enjoy your stay and please, for your own sake, do not talk about/mention/think the C-word* when roguethree is around.

Roguethree, if you would kindly stop reading this post riiiiiiiiiiight

now.

*Charisma
                          Originally posted by ThePaganKing
                          So, the roguethree bootlickers strike again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen View Post
                            To the OP, welcome to Sundren. Enjoy your stay and please, for your own sake, do not talk about/mention/think the C-word* when roguethree is around.
                            I am glad that you clarified, because I totally thought you meant something else.

Comment

Yeah I was giving my screen a confused look there.

Comment

Working...
                              X