Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Item Creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Item Creation

So.. I wanted to make a cool looking Scale Armor for Syl, seeing as a few others have them, but im totally confused on the toolset. The farthest ive gotten is to opening up the item... ><, Any help would be appreciated, Im not sure what exactly to do. And the nwn 2 toolset guide is confusing.

Might help

Comment

So we can make our own armors and take them to the server? O.o
      I have a +1 question brewing in this skull somewhere...

www.myspace.com/riotsweden

Comment

Oh yeah, the Don't Panic guide is good. I think there are a few other good tutorials out there that cover custom items, too...

What is the deal with custom clothing and armor, anyway?
        Character(s)
        >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
        ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Hmm, I have no clue how to open the guide ><.

Comment

You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read .pdf files.

If you're going to make items, I suggest you get Sin Plugin...it makes things ungodly easier. Ok...here's how I do it:

1. Go to the items tab, when the toolset loads.
            2. Pick the item type, then base item. (ex. Armor for type, then pick ''heavy'' or whatever you want, then pick the corresponding heavy armor you want to use.
            3. Right click on the name, and pick ''Copy Blueprint''. It'll drop a window. Click ''Module''. You now have a copied blueprint of that item, like a duplicate.
            4. Assuming you got the Sin Plugin, right click and go to ''Edit in Item Lab''.
            5. A new box will come up, and it will be pretty straightforward. It will look like this:

Now, you see lots of obvious stuff, like item name, clickables, and the changeable icon, description etc. Then theres things like the three tabs to the right (primary armor set, tinting, accessories.) This area is where yo=u change the actual look of the armor. Armor set determines what it looks like. Each type of armor in the set has different options. An example would be in the Screen shot. It's on Full Plate. If you click it up or down on the variable part, the full plate will change to something different, as there is say...4 different FP looking molds to see. Other armor types have less or more.

You can see the other parts, such as helms, gloves, etc. They're the same way. You just have to change them to a armor type you want, then switch variables until you find something you want. If you have it on full plate for armor, but say...banded mail for helms, you will have full plate with the base helms for banded mails, which would be circlets or crowns.

This applies to each one. Everything has different looks or variables, and they're totally up to you to decide. You can make some truly crazy combinations this way.

Accessories change the core of your item. In this case, you can add different leg pads, shoulder pads, gloves, and other things to armor. It's somewhat like the first tab, armor set, but not so much, as you can make a robe with shoulder spikes, or whatever with this tab. Fiddle around with ther many pptions until you have what you want.

Tinting Tab is confusing...I truly don't understand it, my advice is to fiddle with it and see what colors change what on the item your making. Try brighter colors to determine whats changed and where it's changed. I'm sorry I can't give anymore advice on this, but due to the fact that the toolset hues things with a natural beige color, as you'll see, it's hard to tint otherwise...but Sins Plugin makes it a whole lot easier.

How to install Sin Plugin:

Put it in your Atari Folder, in your C Drive. /NWN2/Toolset/Plugins is where it goes. Load the Toolset, go to Edit Tab, at the top left, and go to options. Under Plugins, set it to ''allow all plugins''. Reopen it, then gog to the Plugins Tab at the very top and select Item Lab. You'll see a small box for it at the top left showing you it worked. Now when you right click items, it will allow you to edit them the way I explained above.

Hope this helps!

Scarlett

Comment

I'm still wondering if it's ok to create an own aremor and take it to sundren.. :O
              I have a +1 question brewing in this skull somewhere...

www.myspace.com/riotsweden

Comment

Its okay to make it look cooler.. you cant make it buffed up or anything, its gotta replace your old gear. Then i think you send it to SBG.

Comment

Oh, scarlett, will that allow me to give a +1 to the starting fighter scale mail?

Comment

All right, im done tinting and what not, but what do I do next? I clicked save, but im not sure if it saved, and im too scared to close ><.

Comment

Yes, you can give the item any properties you want. Under the properties area. Now...

Go to File, at the top left. Find ''export'' and click it. A new window will come up, and you'll have all these options. Find ''ItemBlueprints.'' Click it, then click the scale mail you made, and export it as a ERF. file. Then send it to one of the DM's and you're done.

Comment

where does me export it? I sent it into my Module folder, and now its in there. Im not sure how to give it to the dms..

Comment

File -> Export , then choose blueprint. Safe it in a folder.

Then rar or zip it and mail is to Eunania
                          Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

all right, im totally new to the toolset, and never used it nwn 1. I have no clue seriously what to do. I just have the erf, and im not sure what to do with it, and by mail, do you mean private message, or email?

Comment

Email.

But do a IC Thread first in Correspondence first.

Comment

Working...
                              X