Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips, Tricks, And Guides - NwN2 Toolset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips, Tricks, And Guides - NwN2 Toolset

Lately I have been getting really into the Toolset, sadly to the point that it takes away most of my playtime. The thread is simple, post the tips and tricks as well as guides you know!

I've been using Don't Panic: The Hitchhiker's Guide to NwN2 Toolset

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...s.Detail&id=14
    Gribbon Shorn - The Silver-Tongued Halfling.

You should have stoped at DON'T PANICK. .. the tool set is well . it made my head hurt.. witch isent to hard i can barly find time to lean outside my car whiel driving to refill it.
    Arlock sStarwinds - Death is but a door, Life is but a window, I will be back. -Deceased

Gravekeeper - I've seen some strange things but you sir, take the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlock Starwind View Post
      You should have stoped at DON'T PANICK. .. the tool set is well . it made my head hurt.. witch isent to hard i can barly find time to lean outside my car whiel driving to refill it.
      OK, my spelling isn't the best especially when I'm in a rush so I try not to be a spelling or grammar Nazi, but I can't understand this.
      Lasala'ariira-A Woman Scorned.
      Chara Smith-Bio Here

Meram- Yes she's a shifty Hin, but she's still not going to pickpocket, daylight robbery is much more profitable.
      "The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
      -General George S. Patton

Comment

Hahaha! That's how it usually is with Arlock. In any case, I love the Toolset, can't get enough of it to be quite honest. The thread is for giving tips, guides, and tricks that you know of - Saying that "I should have stoped at DON'T PANICK" is sort of the anti-this thread.

P.S. Arlock, I suggest getting Mozilla Firefox, it has spell check <3

Comment

I think the big difference is that, whereas NWN 1's toolset was set up in a way where literally any gamer without a fright for MS Access could make a module, NWN2 is focused on a truly enthusiastic spare time builder/modder. Anyone with more complex ideas and higher standards was extremely limited with what could be done with the first Aurora toolset. Now it's more time consuming and has many more detail options, making it so that even a small project can often not really be done alone any longer. There are still limits, but all in all I think they've been rather generous in the options we've been given.

The lack of possibility to create a mod 1-2-3, and the requirement to download files for every server have surely caused a blow to the amount of people online and the number of servers there are. Still I think the quality of what is available is overall much higher than in NWN1. The one type of server that has paid the price for this is probably the Arena server. NWN1 had some really nice team-based capture the flag servers that provided some great entertainment mixing the character building of D&D with fast paced, almost Team Fortress like action. NWN2 simply doesn't have the players to make that viable. That's cool though, with Sundren around

Comment

I've been making a module that is designed for 2 people, a player and a DM. The goal is to make a highly detailed module in the area aspect, I want every area to lead to another area. For example - walk inside a house, see a trap door in the floor texturing? Decide to go down it? I will have already made an area for that. The thing is - this will take my time out of building scripting and dialogue for the NPCs, which is good - with just one of my friends and me, I should be able to control everything without a problem and create dialogue as the story goes along.

I was going to have him help me develop it since he is getting into the toolset as well, but...what fun is that when I want him to play it?

Comment

Anyone know where I can find a clock, or bell tower blueprint?

Comment

Don't think there are any, unless some independent has created a model for it. There are a few placeables you can put on top of those flat temple roofs that do look fitting enough, though

Comment

Yea, was looking for independently created blueprints. Right now i'm just sufficing with the Dock Row House {4 - TINT} and blowing up the scale so the top is too tall to be visible by the player.

We just wanted a single tower that rises up into a bell tower or clock tower, my friend drew me some concept art to get things down - but its all lacking in the bell tower. Hopefully the Dock House will do it for him.

Comment

Working...
                  X