Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toolset Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toolset Problems

Well, I was a DM for a PW on NwN1 and wanted to test my meddle in the NwN2 client. So I went and downloaded the DMFI NwN2 DM 101 module and went through it in hopes to become more adept with the DM client and runs some adventures for my friends.

After completing the 101 (seemed a lot like nwn DM client with a few minor differences), I decided to begin working with the Toolset. As soon as I could, I ran the toolset and as soon as it began to launch, vista said (The program has stopped working). I have vista x64, but I have put the program on windows xp service pack 2 as well as running it as administrator. I don't think it is my specs because I can run NwN2 at max graphics without any dropping of FPS.

Any of you know anything I can do? Maybe tweak the .exe?
    Gribbon Shorn - The Silver-Tongued Halfling.

Don't use compatibility modes for the toolset, and it doesn't need to run as admin.

I would first try reinstalling .NET 3.5 ... 90% of all toolset stability issues are because of .NET not being setup properly.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Happens every time I do an install. Its fixed by manually installing the latest Direct X.
      Originally posted by Saulus
      Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Excuse my computer ineptness, but where can I reinstall net 3.5 - I run search for it and run the application - but it opens a small DOS window really quick and closes in the blink of an eye. Also the latest Direct X, I would think that I have it (can run CoD 5 and Crysis on full settings.) But where can I install them?

Comment

run windows update and do a custom update vs an express. Vista is differnt so have to push a different button or an option for other updates 3.5 should be in there or you go to windows.com and dl 3.5 .net
          blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
          Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
          I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Downloaded the .Net 3.5 and clicked the (repair) function, no dice.

Comment

I suppose I'll just reinstall it.

Edit: Uninstalled and installed, still nothing. Starts the launcher and crashes.

Comment

I did what Cornuto said; uninstalling and reinstalling DirectX10 fixed most of my toolset issues.

But... there's still a lot of things broken after SoZ

Alcander Nefezen-'Sometimes, I wonder, does a Dragon see the same colours as I?"

Comment

Been getting into the toolset as of late, the direct x thing worked out. One problem though, everything seems to be working fine until I go to my terrain tab. This is what it looks like.

Comment

Ah, I fixed it. If I go into the NwN2Launcher.exe, I go to the properties and to the compatibility tab and make sure that "Disable Visual Themes" is checked. This is for vista, if any of you encounter the same problem.

Comment

I had the same at first. Luckily, a search on the web was friendly on me as it has been on you

Comment

Toolset Problems

Pretty simple question: Is anyone else experiencing any problems playing Oblivion with a Radeon x850xt PE AGP?

The biggest problem is the ENORMOUS amount of artifacts Im experiencing. I had a similar problem in Morrowind, which was fixed by updating the drivers. This time, however, I installed the newest drivers released five days ago, I think? and it made the problem worse.

Im not so much looking for a fix - though it would gladly be welcome - because Im sure later drivers will resolve the issue. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem.

Ill even try to post a screenshot.
                        my page

Comment

Working...
                        X