Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoZ - First impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view....Detail&id=247

Overland buff stripping fixed via mod.
    Originally posted by Saulus
    Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

<---- BEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Yeah, I'm a 'youngster' compared to ... the entire community, but I have played most of those games. I merely remember the irony of 'a' being 'bees' and laughing at it.

Doesn't make me old.

Just nerdy.

Also, thanks for the link to the mod, Cornuto. That will come in handy.
      "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
      Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

You can't beat Net Hack.
        Daelus Bloodmoon (a.k.a. "Thistlegrasper") - Ranger, untrusting and sarcastic ne'er-do-well, and overall jerk.

Dae's theme (For now at least): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdNh9f2Wwm0

Comment

I like that there are lots of Gnomes (not including the three in my party).
          Juniper Thimbles, aka Juney, Blueberry, Maggie, Magpie or Queenie, depending who you ask:
          Ex-Seamstress, Wannabe Collector, and Machiavellian Maker of Mischief.
          'Cherries or Strawberries? Rain or Shine? Cats or Dogs? Cake or Pie?'

Juney's Super-Sparkly Triple-New theme tune:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC9Kc-p2xxw#t=0m22s

Comment

Wait. Three gnomes in your party? Does that include Chir Darkflame or did you plan on adding her later?

Sheesh

Comment

Well, I didn't find her yet. But as soon as I do, I'll replace the halfling.

And yes, three gnomes in my party. What can I say? I'm a gnome fan. And therefore won't be converting to 4th Edition any time soon.
              Juniper Thimbles, aka Juney, Blueberry, Maggie, Magpie or Queenie, depending who you ask:
              Ex-Seamstress, Wannabe Collector, and Machiavellian Maker of Mischief.
              'Cherries or Strawberries? Rain or Shine? Cats or Dogs? Cake or Pie?'

Juney's Super-Sparkly Triple-New theme tune:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC9Kc-p2xxw#t=0m22s

Comment

Originally posted by JuneyGnomey View Post
                And yes, three gnomes in my party. What can I say? I'm a gnome fan. And therefore won't be converting to 4th Edition any time soon.
                What?? Rabid and demented gnomes get no love?

I didn't mind the gnome change in 4E, but I agree breaking the Weave and killing Mystra as a plot line is getting very old and lame. They should have killed Tyr or Chauntea and worked something off of that.

Comment

What like slightly poorer than average harvests and no justice in the land... nooo thats too much like real life, people would hate it
                  Originally posted by roguethree
                  If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

I was thinking more of the Land turning against everyone and the disruption of the natural balance, or the death of Justice and Dark Age-esque like atmosphere where cities are in ruins and warbands and thieves are rampant. But hey, killing the Weave is a great last resort plot I guess.

Comment

Just like how to me the only Vampires series is Vampires: The Masquarade, there will only be DnD 3.5 for me. I don't like the simplification and consolidation of 4.0, it may be intended for the masses and in terms of selling a product it makes sense... But it's the complexity of 3.5 that attracts me.

Regardless lets keep this OT ... personally I liked SoZ after finishing but found the merchant thing to be a bit superflous... really the only thing it seemed to do for you was become a cash flow... At least in the original NWN2 all the upgrades for Crossroad Keep benefitted you defensively for the coming battles.
                      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

There was a little more to it than just money (such as access to more craftable items and a couple of quests related to it), but I agree that overall it didn't add all that much. If they really wanted to make the merchant system interesting, they should have made one vital factor play a much more important role: political conflict. But while doing that could have added a real new dimension to the gameplay and incentive for interesting story arcs (which this merchant system failed at), it would turn into more of a large scale strategy game than an RPG.

Comment

Nah, I dont think so.. Loads of games throw in some polical intrigue which the PC has control over! Not D&D games mind you, more like the old Squaresoft Saga Frontier games!
                          Originally posted by roguethree
                          If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

I think trade bars to gold is a little out of balance. I made 500k trade bars, so I decided to change about 100k of them to gold. I was shocked when they gave me 1.8 million gold coins.

That was pretty much all the money I needed hehe.

Comment

My personal opinion of SOZ is that its quite good..i like the fact that your not forced to follow any paticular path and such..the overland map gives the PnP feel that the game required and it generally is just kudos from me.

my only gripe is that amount of encounters...it should be tweaked down a bit so you dont get assaulted every 30 seconds.

the new classes and races are all good i especially like the gray orcs and the swashbuckler class.

IM an old veterean from the baldurs gate games and i must say SOZ is the closest thing ive gotten that gets near the feelinf playing BG1 +2 again.
                              (just sad i cant play em anymore cus my comps too fast and new to install the games or even play them without massive bugs.)

Comment

Working...
                              X