Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Messed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messed up?

Okay so in single player I'm fooling around with Frenzied Berzerker builds.. so I make my character, and with a level 20 base strength of 24, +4 from Barbarian Rage, +10 from Frenzy, he should have 38 STR, right? So when I use both.. he only gets 36.. not only this, but with the Enhanced Power Attack of the Frenzied Berzerker, the damage I get with Improved Power Attack is LESS than that of standard Power Attack. Beyond this, I'm somehow only getting a total 28 AB with this design, when I know I have a 13 STR mod and 20 BAB.. can someone tell me what the heck is going on here?
    Virsing Etorix - blood thirsty axe for hire.

Faderiel Rashedwa - singer, dancer, noble.

Well, I can definetly answer the stat question, the maximum a stat can be increased by magical means is 12. so 24+12=36.

As for the AB, sometimes the AB on your character sheet doesn't match the AB in the battle log. Compare those two and see if they are different.

Comment

So in other words adding the Gauntlets to Rage and Frenzy does nothing for me? Great.. now I have to completely redesign the character.. whoopy... Thank you though.. Improve Power Attack seems bugged though.. and I for one would like to see something done about it..

Comment

Well, items don't stack with magical enhancements to stats. For example, +2 str gloves do NOT stack with Bulls Str. You just get the highest modifier.

I think this is also true with frenzy. Frenzy will not stack with items, but Barbarian Rage does. So Rage and Frenzy will stack, but not Frenzy and Items/spells.

Comment

But Rage and Frenzy only seem to stack partially as well..
          If I normally have 24 STR, and then use Rage and Frenzy, I only end up with +12 STR.. which really annoys me.. because I honstly don't see how either is a "Magical Ability".. but oh well.. thank you Obsidian. Damage also seems to be capped at 45. I'd get 36 STR, So 13 STR mod, 1.5 times for uisng a two handed greataxe making it 19, +2 for Fighters Weapon Specialization, we're up to 21 so far, plus 24 from two handed use of Supreme Power Attack's normal power attack.. 45 Damage.. Oh.. and I take back what I said about Imrpoved Power Attack being bugged.. it isn't.. I just had Power Attack and Improved Power Attack mixed up.

Comment

Oh NOEZ!!

You cannot get into the 50ies for your Str score!! The game is ruined!
            Playing Asha'easaahae Illeleste & Frem

Comment

In no way am I suggesting that the game is ruined. I am not normally a powergamer or player, however when I notice that an ability is not working correctly, (and Frenzy says it should stack with Rage right there in the game), I feel obligated to point that out. Using both of them together you recieve a -6 AC. I feel it is only fair to recieve the full benifits of both abilities under those circumstances.

Comment

As it states in the manual that came with the game:

Page 74
                Special Abilities
                -Frenzy*: You can enter a violent frenzy, gaining +6 Strength, -4 AC (penalty), and an extra attack at your highest Base Attack Bonus (this extra attack does not stack with Haste or other effects that add an additional attack). You suffer 2 damage each round during your frenzy. Duration is based on your Constitution. Frenzy does not stack with the Barbarian's Rage ability.

I would say that is pretty much self explanitory. The game may say different, but playing a barbarian through the campaign, I never noticed it stack, ever.

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
                "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
                Eldraxus Tzyvioq
                Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

Under Frenzy I, the first form of Frenzy you recieve upon first level Frenzied Berzerker the game engine very speicifically states that all bonus and penalties from Rage and Frenzy STACK, and indeed they do, save for the combined strength enhancement exceeding that which the engine allows you to recieve.

Comment

they did stack in the testing phase I believe.. which created a sort of impossible powerfull frenzy berserker. They dont anymore, thank god. So get the hell over it
                    Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

They do stack, however will not beat the cap. Also, this should be moved into NWN2 General.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlett View Post
                        They do stack, however will not beat the cap. Also, this should be moved into NWN2 General.
                        Done and done.

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback.

Comment

Working...
                          X