Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I do? *whimpers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do? *whimpers*

Okay.. is there ANYTHING that can be done to help prevent that damned stupid annoying glitch where you TRY to log on to Sundren only to see the following:

Unloading Module...
    Loading Module...
    Module Loaded successfully,

And the progress bar fills up just a little and then just FREAKING STOPS!!! And you have to wait God-knows how long before you can get on again. If you were right in the middle of something, everyone else gets to keep playing while you get shafted completely.

Is there ANYthing I can do? This is driving me insane!

P.S. I do not know if this was the best place to put this thread. I am sorry if I chose poorly.
    sigpic
    Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

Happens to us all man. I haven't been playing this game that long but just about everytime I suffer a transition crash and try to log back in I get that. Sometimes after a silly long wait it finally loads, other times I have to ctrl-alt-del and try again.

Yeah, no help. Sorry.
    The difference between a rogue and a hero often comes down to who tells the tale. – Danilo Thann describing Elaith Craulnober, in Dream Spheres

Avatar comes from a rather amusing web comic.

Comment

Ah, from what I understand.. It just happens from time to time and usually when the server is packed with peoples. I have a feeling it'll be resolved once the router is exchanged.

(( Because the problem seemed to start when Saulus swapped routers out for his older one when RMAing the new one.))
      "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
      Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

How much Saul? I will start selling crack in my apartment complex to get you the cash you need.
        sigpic
        Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

Comment

The router has been RMA'd and a replacement is (should be) on its way to his place. Prices covered and such. Best we can do is be patient and hope this will remedy the problem.
          "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
          Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

If you want to send me money anyway it can be for my beer fund.

Oh and basically what happens is there is a lot of people on + shitty router being used right now, one out of order packet and suddenly you're loading in gets fubar. So your client spams the server, which our plugin auto bans you for 5 minutes for (to protect the whole server from being lagged out).

It's a vicious cycle but the best thing to do is wait 5 minutes and try again. Not much else I can do until I have the new router.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

If it makes you feel any better I had the same thing happen to me too. I played Sigo for awhile instead.

Also, I am accepting donations for my beer fund too.

Comment

Wait five minutes, eh? Okay.

Thank you Saulus.
                sigpic

Comment

For the record, the limit on the number of people on the server before this bug starts to appear is about 25 people. If you patiently wait until it drops down to 23-24, logging in works fine. Speaking from personal experience of course.
                  Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
                  "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
                  UTC -4

Comment

It's happening to me too ... I've retried about ten times with the same result, but it looks like it's tied to the area. Annie was traveling to Sestra when she crashed and now the module won't load for her.

I was able to log in with no trouble at all with my other characters.

I hope Annie isn't bugged now due to that crash - is there a way to find out?

*edit* she's not bugged, but it still appears that this concerns certain areas rather than the entire module
                    Last edited by Verrath; 07-13-2008, 12:23 PM.
                    Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
                    Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
                    Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
                    Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
                    Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

*Bum bum bum* The loading screen gets the shaft!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that was a rip off on Queen's Another One Bites the Dust. Thank you, good night.

But yeah, now that I know it happens to everybody, I can stop making fake trips to the fridge while I wait for it to resolve itself and just ctrl+alt+del! Wooo! *Takes a celebratory fake trip to the fridge*
                      Aratil Lafaer, CG Moon Elf Bard
                      Themes:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uULnXjrl5MQ&feature=fvsr
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdCfcjmxouo

Comment

Hopefully the new router will resolve the issue -- if there's more than 18 people on (19 if I'm lucky, 16 if I'm not) -- forget it.
                        Emaku: Basher-in of Batiri skulls.
                        Yuan: Silent as a peaceful death.

Comment

Well, it's about time I get an excuse to write an RP post anyway. At least some people are able to get on. It'd be horrible if nobody at all could play until the new router arrives.
                          Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
                          "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
                          UTC -4

Comment

I'm supposed to have my new router tomorrow. No guarantees though, I've only called and dealt with DLink on the phone on 10 seperate occasions to get them to ship it as fast as they did (which wasn't fast at all).
                            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Yeah. I'm locked out too. I wasn't even transitioning. I was standing there and BLAMO! I crash. When I finally got back in (after restarting my computer and everything else) my graphics are all freaky and I can't seen the goblins attacking me or anything else. I logged out to relog in and again I'm locked out *Sighs* So I most assuredly feel your pain!!!

Saulus. You're doing everything you can and we know and appreciate everything you do for us! Please never forget that despite our stress in the moment! *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                              X