Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd whisper bug - maybe someone can help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd whisper bug - maybe someone can help

I just found that others can see my whispers, but I can't - nor can I see theirs, when I play on my PC. There simply is nothing there, the same way as when you send a DM message.

It can't be a graphics setting, or at least an empty line would show up, or a name with no text behind it...

There's nothing in my override, before you ask.... I'm also almost sure it works fine on my laptop.

Anyone had this problem before?
    Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
    Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
    Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
    Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
    Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

check another folder

mydocuments/neverwinternights2/UI

see if there is any custom stuff in there

Comment

Hmm... there was. I hope I didn't delete anything I need for Sundren *runs updater again*
      Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
      Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

You should have two folders. default and custom then.

default should have 2 files in it. leave them alone. delete anything in the custom folder.

Comment

Ahh! That fixed it! Thanks - you're a Star!
          There was custom sutff from another PW in the default too. Bad bad.
          Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

You owe me 15 minutes of RP in game. Its payment for fixing override problems like this.

Comment

Well, you walked out on me so you only got 7 ^^
              Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

I've actually had this problem and it confused the heck out of me for awhile. Generally when this happens to me, what actually happened was that if you right click on the chat window (as if going o send a tell to someone, at least that's how I do it most of the time). It's possible to accidentally turn off an option to see certain chat displayed in your chat window. It happens to me all the time, normally it's the local chat (so I see people typing above their heads but not in my chat window).
                Akodo
                Rhime - or is he?

Comment

... and by deleting the UI prefs in the myDocs folder.... I reset it to default.

Well, doh. That may have been it
                  Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

Yeah, you can tell if the option to see the chat is enabled or not if it has a white * next to it. It took me like 15 minutes to figure out what happened after that happened to me the first time. The first thing I did was sort through all the options, then I went to send a tell to my friend and was like hey... what are these little star things. Since normally most of them all have stars it's not really something you would notice unless you were paying attention to it.
                    Akodo
                    Rhime - or is he?

Comment

Odd whisper bug maybe someone can help

Hi all, ive been recently thinking about buying this game and have almost everything required to make it work. I have two questions for those of you who have purchased it. 1 I dont have a Track IR and really dont really have the money for one right now. I fly il2 sturmovik alot and use my mouse to move the pilots head around in the cockpit. I understand you use the mouse in DCS Black Shark to click the switches, but can you set it up so the mouse moves the pilots head around and can still click on the switches? 2 How does the campaign work? i really can find any information on how it works or what it does? is it linear or dynamic? Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me im really interested in this game and would love to fly it.
                      Free Music Download

Comment

are we talking about the same game....?
                        Sain- Immunes Legionaire and Ex-Adept of the now decimated Red Blades
                        Dane Kensbane- Farmboy struggling to adjust to his new life as a favored of Illmater
                        Peeli Pebblepounder- Beardless dwarven scout and woodsman
                        Alexi Starsunder- Extremely young and headstrong elven rogue searching for his adopted dwarven uncle.
                        Siriandel Starsunder- Grizzled Elven ranger, and estranged uncle of Alexi

Comment

lulz.
                          "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
                          -Bill Maher

Comment

*wonders what this necro has to do with the original topic*
                            sigpic
                            Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

Working...
                            X