Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with chat logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with chat logging

I've been trying to get in-game chat to log. I had this set up a long while back and it worked perfectly, but I have done a full reinstall or two since, and never re-enabled it.
    So far, I've tried out the advice from this thread: http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums...highlight=chat .
    When looking in nwnplayer.ini I can't find the game option ClientChatLogging.

Is there anyone out there who -is- able to log their chat who could help me?

Thanks in advance

--c

Try adding that line under all the different sections :S
    Never know, might work

EDIT: Recommending either game options or profile.
    Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

I know another NWN2 server that has chat logging. Some players here (and staff) were there.

Now, if only I could get these downloads right...... *bangs head*
      I am the Inner Bitch in all

Comment

It used to be under [Game Options] in old nwn. And the option was called something ridiculously long: ClientEntireChatWindowLogging=1

Maybe adding it to nwnplayer.ini helps, though I don't think it worked for me...
        Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
        Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
        Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
        Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
        Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

What you need to do is edit the nwn2player.ini and add "ClientChatLogging=1" at the end of [Game Options]. There are two of these files, one in the NWN2 directory inside 'my documents', the other in the NWN2 directory inside 'program files\atari\'. I'm not sure which one you need to write in, but I have it written in both and it seems to work just fine.

Remember, nwn2player.ini, not nwnplayer.ini.

Also, I use a log rotator. There are some for download, or if you like you could edit the code for mine to work with the right drive (see the paths on the 4th line? You'll probably want C:\ rather than D:\) and stick it in a .bat file in your program files NWN2 directory. You then just run NWN2 through the .bat file.

@ECHO OFF
          FOR /F "TOKENS=1-3 DELIMS=/ " %%a IN ("%date%") DO SET dd=%%a&SET mm=%%b&SET yy=%%c
          FOR /F "TOKENS=1-3 DELIMS=:." %%a IN ("%time%") DO SET hh=%%a&SET tt=%%b&SET ss=%%c
          COPY "D:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temp\NWN2\LOGS\nwclientLog1.txt" "D:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\logs\NWNLOG%yy%-%mm%-%dd%_%hh%h%tt%m%ss%s.txt"
          START nwn2main.exe
          "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Comment

Thanks so much for the kindly replies!

@Dustiness

Lovely log rotator. I'm giving it a go now.
            Cheers!

Comment

You might need to create the logs folder so that it can copy to: '\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\logs\'

Otherwise it won't copy '_'

Comment

This sounds immensely useful.... now if I could only understand wtf Dustiness was saying there.

*gets scared by all the code*
                I got one leg missin'
                How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                Meet the Feebles

Comment

XD

Lemme' try and explain it in a step by step thing:

Assuming that you have installed NWN2 to your boot drive and that drive is C:\,

1) Open the file, "C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\nwn2player.ini".

2) Under the line [Game Options], add a new line, "ClientChatLogging=1".

3) Save and close the file.

4) Open the folder, "C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\".

5) Create a new text document inside the folder, "New Text Document.txt".

6) Open the text document.

7) Copy and paste the text below into the text document.

Code:
                  @ECHO OFF
                  FOR /F "TOKENS=1-3 DELIMS=/ " %%a IN ("%date%") DO SET dd=%%a&SET mm=%%b&SET yy=%%c
                  FOR /F "TOKENS=1-3 DELIMS=:." %%a IN ("%time%") DO SET hh=%%a&SET tt=%%b&SET ss=%%c
                  COPY "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temp\NWN2\LOGS\nwclientLog1.txt" "C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\logs\NWNLOG%yy%-%mm%-%dd%_%hh%h%tt%m%ss%s.txt"
                  START nwn2main.exe
                  8) Save and close the text document.

9) Rename the text document to, "nwn2.bat" (when prompted about file stability, say you're sure you want to change it).

10) Inside the same folder (C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\) Create a new folder and call it, "logs".

Done.

If you did not install NWN2 to your C drive (C:\), you'll need to edit the fourth line of the nwn2.bat file (right-click and select 'edit' to reopen the file for editting) and replace the text 'C:\' for whichever drive you are using (e.g. F:\ or Z:\).

If you are using AMD, thus running the game through the 'nwn2main_amdxp.exe' file, you will need to edit the final line of the .bat file and replace the "nwn2main.exe" with "nwn2main_amdxp.exe"

Comment

Working...
                  X