Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SB Audigy - always set to 2 speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB Audigy - always set to 2 speakers

This is a problem on my PC, not related to Sundren, but I've searched other forums with no luck, so I'm hoping someone may have heard of this and a solution.

I have an SB Audigy soundcard with a 5.1 logitech speaker system. There is a mixing board, which is part of the SB software package, where you set how many speakers you have.
    Everytime I start NWN2, something in the startup always changes this back to 2 speakers, so when I start playing I dont get the EAX fun.
    It's somewhere between clicking play on the autolauncher and the main menu. I check it before and its at 5.1, but by the time the main menu is reached, its always set back to 2.
    I've found that all I have to do is alt tab out at this point, change it back, and it will work while I play, but it's getting very annonying since I have to do this every time I start the game.
    Anyone know how to stop NWN2 from doing this?
    Account:
    e044529

Characters:
    Celundel Di'malin
    Trent Arna

Try making sure that the audio panel in the windows control panel is also set to 5.1. I had this issue before with my X-fi Fatal1ty soundcard until I did that.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Alternately you can try the KX Project's driver.Though not sure if that solves the problem.
      An Orc? Where? Ah that one.Well that's a dead Orc.

Comment

Working...
      X