Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server is not responding (timed out).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server is not responding (timed out).

Connection error : Server is not responding (timed out).

Do you spend 1-2 hours clicking the connect button every time you want to play on Sundren, or any other server, because you keep getting this message?

Well I do.

And let me tell you, it gets old after a couple of years.

It's so frustrating... I just want to know if I'm the only one not able to simply log in and play whenever I feel like it.

Anyone of you guys recognize this? Know how to fix it?

Thanks
    Ise Prakt the Snow Crow

It's your internet connection.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I do not have that problem. 1-2 hours seems a bit extreme. We're never down that long, and in the unusual case we are it gets announced.

Recommend you:
      1. Try direct connecting with the viperwire.net domain.
      2. Disable your firewall temporarily to see if it makes a difference
      3. Scan your computer for viruses
      4. Using the Gamespy Internet search to find the game, and join from there.
      5. Reinstall NWN2

It's fair to post your problem, but you're the exception and not the rule. I hope we can help you find a solution, but more than likely the situation is due to your system, setup, or ISP.

Are you using a dial up modem connection?

LH

Comment

Mmmm.. I had similar problems with this as well. When I DCed I wouldn't be able to connect for a long while and when I was connected.. I lagged horribly! My connection worked fine for downloading/browsing as well.. Hm.

I figured it was problems with my new router. After forwarding the proper ports for Gamespy/NWN2 it seemed to have solved my problems. Who knows if it'll help you, though? Worth a shot before reinstalling NWN2. Ports are 5120-5300 occording to here.
        "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
        Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

Thank you guys for the advice

Lollercide, the port forwarding did the trick!

I'm so happy right now...

Maybe Hano will get a hug from Ise in-game
          Ise Prakt the Snow Crow

Comment

Working...
          X