Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Wizard's Spell Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Wizard's Spell Power

This may be a dumb question, but I have to put my suspicions to rest regarding it. The Spell Power ability of the Red Wizards says it increases the caster level for matters of certain variables in spells.

Does this mean it just flat out increases your caster level?

Say I got RW levels as soon as I could (lvl 6). At lvl 7 I would have 2 lvls of R. Wizard, giving me the first taste of Spell Power at +1. Does this mean my spells are treated as though I had 8 caster levels?
    sigpic
    Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

The spell power feats tac onto your DC for the spells of your chosen school. I'll be honest when I say Red Wizards are my kind of class. It's the only class that I really like, and in the MotB campaign my Wizard/Arcane Scholar/Red Wizard was just devastating as a necro.

Combining Epic Spell Focus Necromancy as well as Epic Spell Penetration + the spell power feats from Red Wizard put my DCs for my necro spells to such a height that I could literally end most battles in a matter of seconds with a wail of the banshee or Finger of Death.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Ah, so it was kind of like how I thought. I am thinking of making a R. Wizard myself (ironically with Necro speciality to best fit the story I have in mind for him), while my buddy Narse will take the role of my "loyal" Thayan Knight, forever doomed to endure my wizard's verbal rantings and sarcasm.

Thank you very much Witcher.

...I mean Saulus
      sigpic
      Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

Comment

I made a red wizard hopeful, but then stopped playing him because there are no openings for one. Perhaps if I win the RPer of the month club.
        Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
        Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
        Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

I want the Red Wizards to be represented properly. It takes time for me to make that decision, however having said that, I'm going to be looking for some people interested in being Red Wizards soon... You better know your lore though.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Silas North View Post
            Ah, so it was kind of like how I thought. I am thinking of making a R. Wizard myself (ironically with Necro speciality to best fit the story I have in mind for him), while my buddy Narse will take the role of my "loyal" Thayan Knight, forever doomed to endure my wizard's verbal rantings and sarcasm.

Thank you very much Witcher.

...I mean Saulus
            Blast it all! Just yesterday I had an idea of a necromantic Red Wizard! Bah!

*fumes, and starts plotting Red Wizards of other schools*
            Characters:
            Pericles Redfoot
            Wings

Comment

Well, I know who the big cheese is.

I think admission into the Red Wizards should involve bribery!

Comment

Originally posted by Deathmage View Post
                Blast it all! Just yesterday I had an idea of a necromantic Red Wizard! Bah!

*fumes, and starts plotting Red Wizards of other schools*
                Do not let me discourage you Deathmage. At the moment, my idea is simply an idea, nothing more. Besides, even if we make two guys of similar interest in arcane study, I have faith their personalities will be completely different.

Plus, perhaps the most powerful Zulkir in Thay at the moment is the one in charge of the School of Necromancy, though that may be a matter of opinion and does not necessarily mean they have the most sway in Aquor.

Then there is the fact that your forum name is DEATHMAGE. lol
                sigpic

Comment

I met a Thayan today. He had a stupid name, and an equally stupid player. I totally put him back in his place, too, after he stepped out of line.

Ugly character, he was.

DISCLAIMER: Saulus, please don't kill me.
                  Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Originally posted by Silas North View Post
                    Do not let me discourage you Deathmage. At the moment, my idea is simply an idea, nothing more. Besides, even if we make two guys of similar interest in arcane study, I have faith their personalities will be completely different.

Plus, perhaps the most powerful Zulkir in Thay at the moment is the one in charge of the School of Necromancy, though that may be a matter of opinion and does not necessarily mean they have the most sway in Aquor.

Then there is the fact that your forum name is DEATHMAGE. lol
                    Don't worry, I have a backup plan of a cute psycho teenage mass-murdering necromantic chick (with a scythe). All is well.
                    Characters:
                    Pericles Redfoot
                    Wings

Comment

Don't worry, I have a backup plan of a cute psycho teenage mass-murdering necromantic chick (with a scythe). All is well.
                      *sighs*
                      Akodo
                      Rhime - or is he?

Comment

*throws up arms* Fine! Fine! Priest of Velsharoon! Happy now, guys?!

EDIT: For all you prospective necromancers out there, apparently the Animate Dead spell is pathetically weak.
                        http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Animate_Dead

At level ten, you get to summon a level 3 Undead. Is it possible to incorporate a fix on Sundren?
                        Characters:
                        Pericles Redfoot
                        Wings

Comment

well..crap! there goes my idea for a Thayan
                          Butch: "You know, when I was a kid, I always thought I was gonna grow up to be a hero."
                          Sundance: "Well it's to late now."

Toons:
                          Mittens Whitepaw (Feral Druid),
                          Rose Thimblefoot (Simple Seamstress),
                          Melody Mourningsoul (Cursed Bard)
                          Katalina Zephyr (Guardian of the Grave)
                          Gabrielle Dumoine (the Duchess of Waterdeep... 'onestly...)

Comment

Lol, deathmage has too many ideas. We have talked about the undead thing before, and I believe they said they would like to address it sometime but it's not top priority right now.
                            Akodo
                            Rhime - or is he?

Comment

Curse of the Putrid Husk is pretty scary as a spell if you can beat the save. That might be what our man Saul was talkin bout.

Comment

Working...
                              X