Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monkey Grip: Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MKartMaster View Post
    With penalties of -8/-10 w/out TWF and -6/-6 w/ TWF, I question the viability of that build. The coolness, however, is indisputable. Cloud can kiss your ass.
    Exactly. Numbers are numbers, but awesome? There is no measurement system capable of measuring the sheer awesomeness of it!
    "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
    Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

One reason we love the Big Two handed weapon is for the +50% STRENGTH damage. Your buffed up 26 STR fighter would get a whopping +12 Strength damage, but only +8 with with TWF and even less for the offhand weapon I think, +4? I'm not even talking of how power attack and crits would be effected by that reduction.

I think this is a case where we all agree cool != effective in this case.
      Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
      Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
      Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

Originally posted by nickbeat View Post
        I think this is a case where we all agree cool != effective in this case.
        You say that now, but just wait until you're run down and killed by a crazed farmer dual weilding Divine Shovels.
        "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
        Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

With Monkey Grip, would a character be able to dual wield quarterstaves (twin rod monk action!), and would a halfling be able to use normally forbidden weapons like scythes/greatswords with two hands?
          Characters:
          Pericles Redfoot
          Wings

Comment

Yes and yes, so long as you don't mind atrocious two weapon fighting penalties for the former.
            "Mad" Jack Flynn - "Godless wanderer"

Comment

Mittens (halfling) use to weild a 2handed sword with MG, then went battle axe and shield. Can't hit shit, but hey who needs to when you have hella ac and a rogue or two
              Butch: "You know, when I was a kid, I always thought I was gonna grow up to be a hero."
              Sundance: "Well it's to late now."

Toons:
              Mittens Whitepaw (Feral Druid),
              Rose Thimblefoot (Simple Seamstress),
              Melody Mourningsoul (Cursed Bard)
              Katalina Zephyr (Guardian of the Grave)
              Gabrielle Dumoine (the Duchess of Waterdeep... 'onestly...)

Comment

Working...
              X