Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Settings

If you open the NWN2 menu while in game, click Options, there are a bunch of settings that can alter how the camera operates while in either Strategy Mode or Character Mode. My concern is with Strategy Mode.

At the bottom of the Strategy Mode menu, there are three choices that alter how the camera works. The first one makes the camera immobile and fixed on your character at all times. The second option is the default one, which allows you to move the camera slightly if you put the cursor to the edge of your character's view - you can see a small radius around yourself, and I think this option is called "Close to Character". The third one is Free Camera, and isn't a concern of mine at all.

The problem is that I cannot use the default setting. I was using it a few days ago, but today, all of a sudden, I got automatically set to the first option, with the camera fixed on my character. When I go to change the settings and hit Apply/Accept/Whatever, nothing happens. I close the window and nothing has changed, and when I open it again, it says that I never changed the setting at all. What the hell do I do? I hate the camera fixed on my character.

I want mobility! I want the default! How do I do it!?
    Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

I think you have to hit the * button on the number keypad. It is something like that.
    sigpic
    Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

Yeah, I don't use the strategy camera myself, I use the character camera, just hit * or - key on the num pad, can't remember which. The strategy cam was always too 'top down' for me, if you want mobility I suggest the character camera.
      Akodo
      Rhime - or is he?

Comment

Nah, that shifts it from Strategy Mode to Character Mode. What I'm trying to do is actually configure the settings of Strategy Mode, exclusively.
        Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

I have the same problems and have had it for a long time now. It does not bother me that much because I use the top down camera anyway so i have not really tried to fix it. Have you tried searching the NWN2 forum for a solution?

Comment

Working...
          X