Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ashura's VFX Pack v3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashura's VFX Pack v3.0

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, but there's an interesting new visual effects hakpak out: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...ts.Detail&id=9

There's really some interesting effects here. My favorites are the snow and the fireworks.
    Character(s)
    >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
    ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Yeah I'm familiar with the pack. It's just in the end an extra download for you guys... when we do require special FX we end up making our own because in the end it will look better.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

The waterfalls in that aren't great. They're too small. You end up placing dozens of them, which bumps up the particle count in one spot and hammers frames.

The biggest problem with developing a decent-sized waterfall is you really need a high particle count, and very small particles. This, again, kills frame-rates. So you drop the particle count and enlarge the particle size, which improves frames, but doesn't look so good.

Sestra wil eventually have a waterfall, but the number of hours that went into getting it looking half-decent almost equals that of the dev time of a decent interior. So you lot had better appreciate it or the DM of Doom will pay a visit
      Mapper and Mad Kitten
      Currently playing:
      Lill Moonberry - Halfling Bard who knows the Hills are Alive with the Sound of angry goblins

Comment

Working...
      X