Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class discussions. (Warlock/Demon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class discussions. (Warlock/Demon)

Now, I know this is heavy RP, and I'm usually a bit more into action, but I really like it here.

People are nice, and the world is so well made, so I decided to stick around, despite my early fear, that it might be a bit slow.

As such, I'd like to pop one of my likes about this game. Character creation. I like building 'em. Always did.

I know this borders meta-gaming and thus, but bear with me here. I'm not sure I'll ever play this, but I got the idea the other day, for a Warlock build. Based purely on the demon form.

It's inspired by some of the Nwn1 dragon builds, I used to play with. And in particular, the sneaking dragons.

I'm not sure I'll try this type on the server, as I cant really think of a good story for one at the present, but I've been messing with it none the less...

What I've come up with so far, is 16 warlock for the shape, 3 monk levels for speed, AC, unarmed attack and hide and tumble skill dumps, and 1 lvl of shadow dancer.

The idea is based on the fact, that polymorphs don't seem to take weapons and gear into account. But you retain magic buffs.

So Leap and Bound is still active, as is the monk martial abilities and AC from wisdom.

The Shadow Danser is mainly cus I always liked the idea of something so ridiculously big, jumping out of thin nothing, while going: "Booh!".

But I've not actually had the shape yet. Only in debug mode. So I'm not sure if it scales well? It works with the feats and that, but does it match it's level?

Anyone have any idea's for this?

- Muppet
    "Insanity is a conclusion reached by the observer...
    Who are you to judge, who's truly mad?"

Meh, i don't see much problem with it... As long as it isnt an over-powered build for pvp, and this certainly does not seem like this...

Comment

Hehe, oh I don't reckon I'll actually play it. The demon form is too weak for a focused build. I'd choose a shifter if that were my goal...

Besides, I like the flexibility of a caster warlock too much, to focus blindly on something as limited as a demon form...

The damage is sub-par with it.
      The only thing I could see it being good for, is tanking.
      It's possible to get 54+ AC with is, all saves above 20, and 28 spell resistance.

Doesn't matter who you are then. That's gonna take some effort chewing your way through.
      But the thing itself would deal dismall damage. It'd be like tickling someone to death ^^

Nah, caster locks is where it's at... Or Liches. Liches are sexy ^^

- Muppet

Comment

Eww. Liches. Mmm, you can still use spells in demon form nyways.

Comment

Nope. All skills racials and what not are gone. You bcome the thing. The only thing that carries over, are buffs... Which is why it's not very good.

Comment

Monks should never be multi-classed, they devote their entire lives to perfecting their bodies and spirits into weapons. Hell I don't think warlocks should multi or paladins either, they both dedicate themselves to other spirits/gods.

Its also disturbing to me that folks 'build' characters. Seems to be total metagaming, but I suppose its a major part of 3.5 so it shouldn't suprise me.
            ----------------------
            Earl Montblanc

Comment

I think monks can multiclass. I can support many real-world arguments for that end given the basis of the monk they derive from. Part of multiclassing is building a total of a character. For example, I could see a monk who fights with spears (Completely legit in asian society) being fighter or even weapon master. Or perhaps monk/assassins which aren't uncommon in history. In fact, I'd say weapon master is a good monk mix for this since monks often wind up purely focused on the one task of training.

Paladins, I have no realworld basis to match them against, so I'd say you're as right or as wrong as I'll even know or not know you are

Comment

But I also think this thread belongs under NWN2 General Discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Muppet View Post

Nah, caster locks is where it's at... Or Liches. Liches are sexy ^^

- Muppet

... Vampires are better than liches :P
                  "I am... The Darkness." - The Darkness???
                  "Guns don't kill people. I do! HA HA!!" - WC3 Rifleman
                  "Live by the sword, get shot by one who doesn't." - ???

Comment

Originally posted by LordValinar View Post
                    ... Vampires are better than liches :P
                    Jaus has killed both....
                    Jaus Rein:"Alvays say eet ees better tau be unnoticed zen tau be a 'eero."
                    Reth'dor Fre': "When is it my turn to truely smile?"

Comment

*Scratches head*

Does nobody remember when Yashe had the horned devil form? There wasn't much in Sundren that could challenge her period, she could go up to the top floor of the necropolis and solo it without going below half health, not healing... Throughout the rest of the necropolis she'd never drop below 200 health. Neither Kai Nightwind nor Alaric Galledon (The two most powerful fighters on the server through build and level) could fight her in close combat and do any significant amount of damage. >>"

And making a build solely around making this particular form more powerful?! O_o;

It's madness I say! MADNESS!
                      Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                      Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                      Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                      Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                      Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                      Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

heh that's why when faced with Yashe, the smart good guy will gather a large large group to kill her. Or send Xenaphon. She was crazy.
                        Jaggath Tharn, Better Than Sex.

Lenier Miloan, Totally a Tormtar.

Comment

Yeah but then Yashe, like most smart badguys, even though she wasn't really a bad guy, would just leave, and wait till they were alone, then eliminate them one by one. =3
                          Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                          Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                          Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                          Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                          Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                          Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Working...
                          X