Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to manually patch the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to manually patch the game?

I started playing NWW2 at launch and as the first few patches came out I saw people on the forums having probs with them. So I decided to wait a while before I patched. Then I moved on to EQ2. I have been listening to the NWN2 podcast and heard about Sundren, got in the mood to play NWN2 again and today when I downloaded Sundren's client I noticed NWN2 needs to be v1.04. I tried the updater on my game and it gives errors. There are lots of posts at the Bioware forums about this but I can't dig through it to find the right answer.

So how do I get my game patched if the updater isn't working? Any help would be great, I'm dying to check out Sundren

Thanks.

Offhand I think you should be able to go to the Obsidian website and find the patch somewhere there. If you're getting errors on the updater then you can try searching for resolutions on the BioWare forums under NWN2 technical assistance. The obsidian website should have the manual patches though.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I also cannot update. The updater says that I don't have a previous patch and that I should contact the Atari support. Unfortunately Atari isn't much of a help on those things at least for the international customers. Here's the Obsidian's URL, but it hasn't helped me. http://nwn2.obsidian.net/support/patch.html It always says something about a missing version. I also tried to revert the 1.03 patch to 1.02 but it again said that I don't have an older patch there. I've even tried to find the 0.1 version, but haven't found it.

Help, please. I spent my whole Saturday night cursing and banging the computer because of this. ;P
      I have come so far.. Crawled away from the corner of your eye..

Character: Silka

Comment

Not sure what the problem is, have you tried reinstalling?
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Also, if all else fails, I suggest trying to update the updater itself. I heard there was a remote download for that. If that doesn't work, you might take a chance and search FilePlanet or a similar resource if you don't feel like reinstalling. It may seem useless, but I actually got my Neverwinter Nights working by sticking a .dll I got off of FilePlanet in the right place.

Sort of a sloppy job, I admit, but it works.

Comment

I re-installed the game, and now it's working fine. Hopefully I'll be able to join you soon.
            I have come so far.. Crawled away from the corner of your eye..

Character: Silka

Comment

That's good, good luck with it!

Comment

Working...
              X