Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with the feat "Luck of Heroes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with the feat "Luck of Heroes"

Just wondering if anyone knows / has tested this. AC bonuses are far and few, and this seems far too easy if you ask me. This feat offers a +1 Bonus to all saving throws AND a +1 Luck bonus. Firstly, what is a luck bonus? from other searches i can find it in relation to Dodge, which implies being caught flat footed would lose it. To me, the definition "Luck" is something supernatural or not dcontrolled by the acts or will of a person, but guides fortunate things to happen to them or unfortunate things to not choose them.

If luck was lost when you were off guard or off balance, that would imply that luck is a Supernatural thing that guides your movements better. To me, that's not what luck is, That's freaking leveling and Experience!

My real question (beyond the Philosophical and Metaphysical) about the Luck Bonus is, is it Actually increasing your AC from attacks, ranged attacks, both? Does is stack with Dodge, is it treated as Natural AC that doesn't stack or is it its own bonus type that doesn't need to stack with others?
    Calini Anna'Des - Resentful of the Law's values and troubled with her Past.

"The life of the creative person is lead, directed and controlled by boredom. Avoiding boredom is one of our most important purposes." - Saul Steinberg

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work" - Thomas Edison

I don't even know if luck does anything at all. It used to be glitched and do nothing.
    Jaggath Tharn, Better Than Sex.

Lenier Miloan, Totally a Tormtar.

Comment

As far as I have been able to determine, it is an ever-present +1 to AC. Rather like having a base AC of 11 instead of 10.
      Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
      Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

Originally posted by Raksha View Post
        As far as I have been able to determine, it is an ever-present +1 to AC. Rather like having a base AC of 11 instead of 10.
        That's what i though it might be. Can anyone confirm?
        Calini Anna'Des - Resentful of the Law's values and troubled with her Past.

"The life of the creative person is lead, directed and controlled by boredom. Avoiding boredom is one of our most important purposes." - Saul Steinberg

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work" - Thomas Edison

Comment

It is, in fact, an ever-present plus one to the base armor class of the character in Neverwinter Nights 2. It is assumed that the luck bonus is something akin to a morale bonus (or any other miscellaneous bonus), thus stacks with other types of bonuses and is never lost or negated. It works on all forms of attacks (ranged, melee, and touch), making it one of the most often used (and useful) background feat to take for a character.

The actual feat 'Luck of Heroes' in the FR Campaign Guide only offers a +1 luck bonus to all saving throws. It also is avaliable only to characters originating from Aglarond, the Dalelands, Tethyr, and the Vast.
          Active
          Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
          Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

in simple terms your luckier, so its harder to hit you, poison you, control your mind or hit you with a fireball.

Comment

Basically. Wth this feat, Tymora has her eye on you, and it looks like she's winking.
              Active
              Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
              Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

Working...
              X