Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NWN2 Crafting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWN2 Crafting

What did you like about NWN2's crafting? What made it enjoyable, what made it challenging? Was there something frustrating about it?

Are there crafting features of other games or community-projects that you liked, and why?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

I honestly liked the crafting system in NWN2... I mean, from a programmers perspective it could have been allot better, but it worked right? And it's not like it was a simple matter to get Kings Tear's or anything like that... *Shrugs*

Functionality > Complexity.
    Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
    Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
    Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
    Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
    Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
    Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

well, if sundren is going to stick with the NwN2 normal crafting thing, that sorta sucks. I don't really want a new sort of crafting or anything, just the removal of normal recipes, as everyone can just google "NwN2 Recipes" And not need books to find out recipies.. And, then, i'd like new recipes implanted of course. I have no problem with how simple the NwN2 crafting system is. No need to make it more complex.

Comment

the HotU was the one of the best crafting systems I've occured.
        Not only the find-materials-make-items, I'm mostly thinking of the customisation that HotU brought the servers. I loved making my own custom armors or even making a fortune customizing armor for others!
        And since nwn2 got such better graphics, and better detailed armor aso. customization would be awesome!

so if that's possible to implement I'd gladly do that, but something tells me we have to wait for an expansion to get that feature.. /:
        I have a +1 question brewing in this skull somewhere...

www.myspace.com/riotsweden

Comment

Customizing armor is something that is a limitation of the system, there's no way for us to mod that into the game. Unfortunately you will indeed have to wait for the new expansion to have that feature.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Actually, somewhere around there's a HAK called Charlie's Item Appearence Changer that does something similar. I don't have the link on me right now, but I think it is possible through this tool, in-mod.
            Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
            Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

Charlie's Item Appearance changer will require DM's to implant things, i think. Atleast, thats what two servers said. Its going to be m ore work for the DM's, and we'll still have all the same stuff as everyone will most likely pick the nicest one avaliable..

Comment

customizing gives more freedom to create a look of your character, which will affect how people reacts towards you

Comment

uhhm.. use the toolset to make a custom ERF, thats what i did.

Comment

One thing I really hated in NWN was overly pompous armour sets which broke the setting by looking like something out of a dragons hoard, when they were not even likely to be enchanted. It hurt my eyes.

Comment

that's true.. but maybe a modification that need lvl/enchantment to do specific parts?
                      Damn.. I'm asking for gold and green forests here.. Feels like I'm chasing moonbeams now since I'm askign for alot of designing from the dev team.
                      Sorry!

Comment

If there is one thing I never got to learn in NWN 1 or 2 was crafting and alchemy, in NWN 2 I just enchanted stuff but have never created items from scratch. I'd really like to know how to do stuff like that but its a bit hard to learn how from the game, its a bit confusing. Does anyone know of a good tutorial to crafting and alchemy?
                        Jonathan Portnoy - A pirate's life fer me ARRR
                        Caleb Norte - The Green Half-Orc
                        Ego Trip - Wizard Spectacularrr

Comment

I just want EXP from crafting =p

However you implement crafting is up to the team, but I always prefer custom and more in depth than default, but try not to make it a grind like most servers do (as in making you make 90 something daggers before you can make a fucking sword...)
                          Former creator for the PRC

Comment

+1 items in any of the main-stream DnD campaign settings, including Forgotten realms, is not common. They're not exceptionally rare by any stretch, but it isn't exactly the thing you'll find on every adventurer out there. Experienced adventurers whom devote their lives to their craft will usually come across magical equipment because they're constantly on the look out for it, and going into the most dangerous pits imaginable to get them.

As for having people be required to be non-bias to gain the top-crafting stuff... I find that a little over the top... It's supposed to be an RPing world, you're guaranteed to find mismatches in a balance sense, but saying that someone can't get as good as another guy because he dosn't make stuff for anyone, doesn't make sense in a Roleplaying world, which from what I understand, this is supposed to be.
                            Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                            Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                            Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                            Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                            Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                            Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

I'm all in for a low magic server, I'd even like to see +1 be rare pre lvl 8, and +3/4 rare pre lvl 15, and they should never get common. I also fancied the whole "this-person-only" enchantment, since that would make some sense RP wise aswell. The person, which is a ranger, have put down a lot of effort to become one and suddenly he's rewarded with an extra enchanted sword.

The other thing about 90 daggers for one sword is the same opinion as I have. I rather have "hard-to-come-by" materials and easilly crafted than "easy-to-come-by" materials with hard and lots of crafting.
                              I'd even favor hard to come by materials and hard to succed with crafting, making it a thing for people who really focus on crafting.
                              That opens up some RP capabilities too, a player which only crafts, and sells, and buys materials from other players

Comment

Working...
                              X