Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News on the Granny Exporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on the Granny Exporter

Full story: http://nwvault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=29125 (link to developer blog and test movie inside)

For those of you unawares, the Granny exporter can export models and animations (!) from 3DMax for use in NWN2. Right now it's in beta testing, but apparently it's coming along "swimmingly", to use the developer's original words.

This tool will be immensely powerful - as shown in the demo movie that is linked to in the article, people will be able to create a model (i.e. a bird) and give it new animation (i.e. flapping wings). I could see this be put to great use to create module- or world-specific actions for modules and PWs at the developer's whim.

The tool is slated for the 1.06 patch. Better start practicing, modelers...
    Character(s)
    >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
    ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

One of our former mappers is actually in the granny beta, he's been cooking up some neat stuff. He's already made that Dwarven Halls tileset for NWN2.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
    X