Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamespot Mask of the Betrayer Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamespot Mask of the Betrayer Interview

Gamespot recently did an interview with OE's Kevin Saunders on the NWN2 expansion "Mask of the Betrayer": http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/never...opslot;title;1

This seems interesting. The story seems "meh" to me, but that's okay... However, it appears the setting has been confirmed as Thay, it seems. From the screenshots, the mapping isn't too impressive, but they guy who worked on some of KotOR2's planets is working on some of the level design, so I think that they might get better in the future.

As for new content, it seems they're focusing on epics with the level cap bumped up to 30 and 50 new epic feats being included. At least two new base classes are being introduced (no names announced yet) and at least one new Prestige Class (Red Wizard of Thay) are being introduced. New races have been promised but not announced - although they say that the speculation they've heard is accurate (Anybody have any ideas?).

Also, toolset updates: One announced is a Creature Appearance Wizard, which will make it easier to see how different armor looks on creature models (as well as other stuff) and some more scripts for the global scripts library. They say that's not all and they'll be listening to feedback closely.
    Oh, and I almost forgot four little words:
    Originally posted by Kevin Saunders
    undo for terrain sculpting
    In conclusion, they've also vaguely mentioned that they want to improve conditions for PWs, but what this will entail is still up in the air.
    Character(s)
    >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
    ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

I never even finished the OC for NWN or NWN II. I played most of the way through...but I get bored at stupid high levels. It gets silly...and the stories just havent held my interest. I don't necessarily think they were bad or anything, just not my bag I guess.

I want them to fix stealth or other multiplayer issues before they start spending time on another campaign...
    sigpic
    How to Save $$ at Christmas

Fingal Haller - dwarven scout, locksmith and mercenary
    Reuel - Human (absent-minded) Wizard
    Rudash - Orc-blooded lad with a chip on his shoulder

Comment

Right on, nice to see the cap is only going to be 30. The Red Wizard prestige class is a welcome addition.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Yeah, both the 30 cap and the Red Wizard are pleasant surprises. The Red Wizard will be a good addition to Sundren if we choose to go expansion content.

Does anyone even have the slightest clue as to what the two new races and base classes will be? I've never even touched a 3.5 ruleset, so I have no clue... I was pretty sure they got all the major races in- Wait. Genasi, anyone?
        Character(s)

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.

Comment

Given the nature of the things in Rashemen... maybe Feytouched?

I'd play a Feytouched instead of an Aasimar. ^_^
          Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

Aww, I want a few old companions back! No Fair ><.

Comment

Fire Genasi, Water Genasi, and Air Genasi. I have no doubt in my mind they're adding them. It's the only thing that would make sense for the Thay Rashemen region. There isn't anything else that would work better as a format for acceptable player races.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind Genasi. I really wanted them in NWN2, but they didn't quite make it. But, they said only two races... Which means only two of the genasi races would get in, and there's four major genasi races if I'm not mistaken.

Also, I think we can count on at least one of the prestige classes being some sort of heavy-hitting fightery rangery thingie. I mean, this Rasheman... And just plain old frenzied berserkers won't do it for me. Perhaps they'll add some sort of berserker-y faction class?
                Character(s)

Comment

I'd rather see more content, fixed skills and easier toolset features than some waste of time single player campaign or a bunch of uber-geek races and subraces and prestige classes.

Its a pity that all new 3.5 based products always seem to add more prestige classes and more sub-races and such rather than fixing the rules and how they are implimented. NWN2 had the potential to be an excellent game engine and should be the most popular game out there especially with so many fine people working on their own content to make it better, instead I see a product that doesn't appear to be finished, with DM and MP elements that appear to be afterthoughts, and a huge single player campaign that very few will finish or enjoy.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the addon, but have a feeling that I'll be dissapointed.
                  ----------------------
                  Earl Montblanc

Comment

Keep in mind the team making the expansion and the team patching are independent. They do both at the same time. They communicate with each other obviously so fixes will be implemented across the board.

George Carlin

Comment

For base class, I bet one of them is Favored Soul (sorcerer, Cleric style); but I could be wrong.

I hope they do put in FS, though. It's fun, although less powerful than a normal-style cleric (what isn't?)
                      Former creator for the PRC

Comment

Hmmm i'm beting on psionist, they showed one in the original trailer and people are allways talking about them.

Comment

Hathran could be a good bet for a prestige class.
                          Mirumoto Akagi: What is dance?
                          Dalon Arogard: It's this. *busts a move*
                          Llew Hy: A strange compulsion...
                          Mirumoto Akagi: I suppose you can dance if you like, but you're leaving our friends behind, and they're not dancing.
                          Dalon Arogard: Then they're no friends of mine.

Comment

Spirit Shaman would be fairly easy to make and it fits the Rasheman theme great.

Marshall would be freaking awesome.

What I would love to see is Tome of Battle classes. Although that might be to difficult to implement.

Psionics? Hell noes, to difficult to implement.

Comment

[quote[Also, Obsidian's new art director, Justin Cherry (who, among many other things, created the amazing spell effects NWN2 has been praised for), [/quote]

Now I know who to blame for the spell effects >_<
                              Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Working...
                              X