Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intelligence, Skill points and ability advances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intelligence, Skill points and ability advances

I've come across on a really wierd phenomenon in one of my builds on nwn2db. I'm not sure whether it's inherent in the builder or it's the nwn2 skill system.

I've built a character with starting INT 18, STR 12, DEX 14 - With plans of raising 5 points of INT, for a final 23.

However as I created my character on Sundren, I saw the wisdom in changing STR 12/DEX 14 to STR 10/DEX 15, And re-allocate one of my ability raisers to dex, ending up with: STR10, DEX16, 22INT (A crossbow wielding wiz/rogue/AT - Maybe you've seen him?)

I've applied these ability changes to my nwn2 build, gaining 1 extra DEX at level 4.

Now, at lvl 8 (Where'd my INT originally would've hit 20) I'm missing 4 skill points, 1 per level lvl 8-11. This reappears at levels 16-19/20 (Maybe due to an uneven spread in the last levels) This makes sense as I've allocated my skill points based on my INT progression before my little switcharoo. The first 4 skill points missing at least.

For suddenly, in decreasing my final INT score from 22 to 23 I'm suddenly having 8 skill points lower on the build overall? Is there a glitch where I get extra skill points for an uneven skill score?

Does anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong? It's not even a character-specific problem anymore, I'm just really curious as I've stumbled upon something unknown to further my knowledge on this really wierd game engine.
    (I'd really like to avoid going public with builds on that site, so I hope I've applied enough information)
    My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
    Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

If you're putting your first stat point in DEX, you'll have 8 fewer skill points at the end. This is because your build achieves its INT benchmarks (even scores) later than did the other build.

To fix this, put your first four ability points into Intelligence and the last into Dexterity.
    Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

I just realized this myself as I was doing my dishes. It's actually a bit embarrasing... But thanks for the help!

Sometimes it doesn't help very much to see your character laid out to lvl 20.
      My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
      Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Working...
      X