Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damage Reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage Reduction

I am returning to NWN 2 after a few years absence (and to Sundren too). I am brushing up (aka relearning to play) and I am having trouble finding where my Damage Reduction is displayed.

Which panel is damage reduction shown on? I've looked everywhere, including a general Google search, but I have found no reference.

Thanks in advance.

When damage reduction is applied it will show up in the event log.

Cheers!
    Cheers!

Comment

Event log? For Sundren you mean, I assume. I have not loaded Sundren yet, I want to relearn to play before I go online.

Where is it in the vanillia game?

Comment

It would depend on what type of DR you are talking about. For class DR, like barbarian, I believe it shows up in your feat list.

For other DR's, from spells like stoneskin, you have to pay attention to your combat log to show you how much DR you have and how much you have left and whatnot.
        Originally posted by Satoshi
        Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
        Originally posted by Cornuto
        Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

In other words, it isn't displayed anywhere as a statistic!

My toon is a Half-Drow and she gets her DR from (Fey) feats that begin with the Warlock classes feat.

Thanks, that means I can stop looking. I will make sure I watch the Chat Window (maybe that's what ManUtd4Ever meant by the Event Log?) and confirm my calculations.

Comment

Well your DR from your fey feats is something you can figure out by reading the feat description. I believe the number is based on how many fey heritage feats you have.
            Originally posted by Satoshi
            Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
            Originally posted by Cornuto
            Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

On the subject Tamha asked me to make a variant of the heritage feats for her single player as Celestial Heritage, given that there is an evil and chaotic in existence. while I will probably do it for her, I am curious if it is something I should add to the other projects I am working on, if the community would in general be interested in this addition to the single player additions I am working on?

Posted here because the sundren community is the only nwn community I really care about the opinion of. ;P
              Last edited by Aniril_Telin; 03-18-2012, 04:40 PM. Reason: accuracy
              Ghal Narish, Battle-Mage
              Faucon De'Ombre
              , Triadic Knight

Ulriel Gabrieth, Devout of Lathander
              Noril De'nor, Archer ...
              Liem Ashcroft, Miner, Smith, and Weaponsmaster

Comment

He's referencing the Fiendish and Fey heritage lines of course. I find myself curious if there is a series for lawful-tending characters in a book somewhere, or what extraplanars would be native to LN planes and pure lawful tendencies.
                Presea De'Ombre - Fist of the Broken
                Darcy Lothara - Lost Soul
                Miyu Suhayl - Defender of Beauty
                Bryna Ulric - Dark Priestess
                Merry Swiftblade - Swashbuckling Tailor

Comment

Originally posted by Catastrophe View Post
                  Well your DR from your fey feats is something you can figure out by reading the feat description. I believe the number is based on how many fey heritage feats you have.
                  Thanks Cat, I don't have a problem calculating it, but wanted to know if there was a statistic in a panel that displayed it for confirmation.

This brings me to another question - I read (except for one approved override) that the override directory should be cleared before playing on Sundren, does this include the UI directory as well? Do simple panel tweaks disrupt the server?

If this is so, I need to remove all my customizations so I don't get used to unauthorized tweaks and begin to depend on them. That would make my relearning-the-game project futile.

Comment

The combat text is the only way to know how much damage you are actually receiving. There is nothing on the character page which notes to DR as far as Im aware though.
                    Originally posted by roguethree
                    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Things in the override directory are disabled for play on most servers these days, instead you'll use whatever haks the server is running.
                      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                      Sydney Smith.

Comment

Working...
                      X