Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any buff duration utilities available for NWN2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any buff duration utilities available for NWN2?

As is incredibly obvious, there is no way to actually tell at what point your various spells/abilities will decide to get up and quit on you unless you decide to determine the duration based on your stats and description, record the time of casting/use, and then keep an eye on a clock. I was wondering if there is possibly some sort of mod/hak/whatever for the game that will show the remaining duration for abilities used.

Pic related. It's me keeping track of Samak's invisibility castings.

"I know that kind of man, it's hard to hold the hand of anyone, who is reaching for the sky just to surrender." ~ Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song

Samak Nerinide - Professional vagabond, arcane investigator, and expert drunkard.
    Ripentare - Living, breathing, Create Greater Undead, seeking the riddle of steel.
    Wylks Meshrunner - Self-proclaimed magehunter and former sky-pirate of Halruaa.

Honestly, I use a stop watch for some things in this game. I don't play any casters on this server, but it's handy tool to have. I don't think you'll find any utilities that do that sort of thing, but I might be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolate Radio
      As is incredibly obvious, there is no way to actually tell at what point your various spells/abilities will decide to get up and quit on you unless you decide to determine the duration based on your stats and description, record the time of casting/use, and then keep an eye on a clock. I was wondering if there is possibly some sort of mod/hak/whatever for the game that will show the remaining duration for abilities used.

Pic related. It's me keeping track of Samak's invisibility castings.

The piece of paper and the doodle is soo much more fun than a stopwatch. Keep at it
      Originally posted by roguethree
      If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

An old trick that casters used to use back in nwn1 was casting a not as useful buff that has same spell duration 1 mins to 30 secs ahead of time. Use that as an indicator as a timer for the spell you want timed. When that indicator spell wears off, you should know your timed spell is running out and new ones should be cast.
        There are plenty of flaws to this method, such as someone casting dispel on you. But at that point, you should be worried about the guy dispeling you, not when your other spells will run out.
        "Thanks is best given in the form of gold." -Kyle Rendell

Comment

Originally posted by Handsomeman View Post
          There are plenty of flaws to this method
          My experience is that Animalistic Power lasts for a very, very short period of time - No matter if it is extended or persistent. Its duration is a mere fraction of what the spells states in its description. I use this spell as a "marker" to signal me that my other spells will soon fade away.
          Cheers!

Comment

Well, thank you all for the help. Kind of figured after Google failed me that there wasn't going to be an actual utility for this kind of a thing. Still had my fingers crossed for some kind of insider-information about some timer relic hiding in the depths of the inter-webs. Looks like I'll be going steady with the pen-and-paper method. On the bright side, at least it will make it a little bit more like traditional D&D with the amount of bookkeeping that I've had to do for it.

Pic, unfortunately, still related. Page 5 now. I'm sure notepad manufacturers everywhere are celebrating.

At least my drunk doodles are experiencing an improvement after me having avoided anything art-related for over half a decade. :/
            "I know that kind of man, it's hard to hold the hand of anyone, who is reaching for the sky just to surrender." ~ Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song

Samak Nerinide - Professional vagabond, arcane investigator, and expert drunkard.
            Ripentare - Living, breathing, Create Greater Undead, seeking the riddle of steel.
            Wylks Meshrunner - Self-proclaimed magehunter and former sky-pirate of Halruaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolate Radio
              *doodles while keeping track of invis timer*

Comment

Hoho. thiefy is glad we dont have a buff duration moniter.
                Originally posted by roguethree
                If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                X