Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NWN MMO: Suck Meter Went Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWN MMO: Suck Meter Went Up

So if you thought the Neverwinter MMO was going to be bad before...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6328979...-dandd-dispute

At least it's not being called NWN3.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

My best friend just got back from GenCon Indy. He said he saw a lot of Neverwinter. He said it was garbage.

Come oooooooon, ridable horses.
    Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

I truly doubt I will waste money on this farce of a game.

Comment

That makes me want to cry salty tears of injustice.

What we need is a shed load of people with loads of free time and motivation to do some kind of truly awesome d20/Unreal based hybrid.

Hells, the Unreal UDK is free, not much harder to work with than the NWN2 toolset and several dozen times more powerful and has the capacity to handle multi-level persistent worlds!

Also: Hawken looks rather fun.
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

I screwed with Unreal DK and even started working on NWN2 style gameplay.

Being honest, I'd much rather use source SDK than Unreal SDK on the programming side. Source is C++ oriented and Unreal is Script Oriented and has a lot of first person shooter concepts in mind when scripting.

Comment

Very disapointed. I would have like to seen an improvement on this game. Better graphics, larger areas, new classes etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
              Hells, the Unreal UDK is free, not much harder to work with than the NWN2 toolset and several dozen times more powerful and has the capacity to handle multi-level persistent worlds!
              Nice! So all we have to do is pay GBX to make an entirely new game, then new gameworld

Oh, I don't think my bank account has that much money :'(

Btw, how much donations do we realistically need to make to keep Sundren alive?
              UTC+8
              Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
              Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

I think as long as there's roughly 50 dollars a month, covering the other costs isn't a big deal for me and I don't mind doing it. I have had some larger donations in the past, so it's not an exact estimate. I may not see donations for a month or even two, then suddenly see several people donate, some in larger amounts.

The generosity of the playerbase is a large part of why the server still continues to run, there are other reasons but I can't dismiss this fact.
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I think it can largely depend on the time of the year as well. People dont donate cause they dont play (summer months perhaps) and sometimes they cant because of money troubles... and then it all comes at once.
                  Originally posted by roguethree
                  If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                  X