Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CHR Need tips and Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CHR Need tips and Ideas

Hey, Im planning on trying to make a new character based around the roman phalanx,

Spear + Tower shield.

Im thinking It would be good for me to be

Fighter , Weapon master (spear) and a Duelist. what do you all think. Parry is one of the main skills of the character.

Im just trying to figure out if how im I can add in a roman type archytype character into sundren =)
    Elric Modner. - "Yesterday I dared struggle against tyranny, Today I dare to fight once again."

having anything in your offhand removes just about all the duelist bonuses if i remember right, as does wearing a shield or any type of armor other then clothing/robes

Comment

I don't particulary see how duelist fits into a Roman Triiari, if it's the phalanx and spear fighting style you are interested at. I don't really think weapon master fits either. Sadly there's a limited amount of prestige classes in NWN2. But pure fighter just about cuts it.

Comment

I want short spears. Lack of shields makes my elves bleed.

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Moth View Post
          I don't particulary see how duelist fits into a Roman Triiari, if it's the phalanx and spear fighting style you are interested at. I don't really think weapon master fits either. Sadly there's a limited amount of prestige classes in NWN2. But pure fighter just about cuts it.
          I can see what you mean about the duelist not fitting I just thought since being able to parry the apponents attack was a main part of the common roman soldiers tactics I thought Duelist would be perfect to get that extra parry bonus.
          Elric Modner. - "Yesterday I dared struggle against tyranny, Today I dare to fight once again."

Comment

Spearmaster + Improved Expertise + Monkey Grip = Phalanx

Think about it. In the defensive maneauver they would create a sort of formational wall, utilizing Improved Expertise for maximum defensive structure against the enemy while the wingman uses the length advantage from the spear to go on the effensive.

Also, the Spartans mainly used the spear, which they would more than likely master in. They only used the shortsword if they broke Phalanx or in other miscellaneous cases.

So Fighter/Weaponmaster/'whatever you want as classes.

The alignment would be fairly flexable in this case. I believe that a fair amount of respect for the Spartan law contributed to the success of this sort of disciplined military. However, I don't think it would be lawfully restricted.

I've had a few thoughts on a sort of Spartan/Forgotten Realms transitional character as well.

Comment

As long as the character is not based off 300, then whatever floats your boat -_-

Comment

Sounds like you should make a Dwarven Defender that specializes in spears... don't forget to take the feat that lets you better overcome parry...

Possibilities are endless with dwarves... heck, go one better... use halbards instead of spears... they are choppy AND poky so it could be the dwarven preference to a spear... that way you get the same type of character but with a more faerunian feel... (take one long pole, one dwarven waraxe head, one large spike, throw it all together and you have a dwarven spaxe - spear axe ... bahahaha...)

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
                "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
                Eldraxus Tzyvioq
                Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

(( Well I dont want to be a dwarf though dwarven defender does have what im looking for with shield defence anyways))

This post should be moved elsewhere due to the fact the rules of this forum have changed.

Comment

http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_regist...4645&gid=14504

try in there, might be a useful build for ya.
                    Garion Redwind- Elitist Wizard
                    Rake- The one-eyed Scout
                    Two wrongs dont make a right, but three lefts do!

Comment

Not to mention spear+shield with mokey grip= wacking at people with a spear like its a sword, rather than actualy using it like a spear... lol. it's a bummer.

Comment

(( WHAT!! no way.. thats a bit lame I want to be stabbin folks. ))

Comment

Working...
                        X