Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Rid Of The Movie Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Rid Of The Movie Intro

Lots of people have been asking me how to do this in the IRC channel so I thought I'd post it here for you guys. If you don't want to watch and/or click through the movie intro everytime you load the game, here's how to get rid of it.

Open up the file called nwn.ini in your My Documents/NWN2 folder. If you're clumsy, make a copy of it and name it nwn.ini.bak

Under [Display Options] paste the line
    Disable Intro Movies=1

... No more movies! ^_^ Yay faster loading.

Heh.

Side note on this. It has caused me issues at home with loading from anything other then the CD, it killed all my shortcuts and won't let me use them after
    Dhaot Stoneshadow - Fledgling Wizard.

Comment

Works fairly well for me. Thanks Arienna.
      Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

Interesting... I will keep this in mind. Thanks for the info.
        Character(s)
        >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
        ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Originally posted by Jhiroth View Post
          Side note on this. It has caused me issues at home with loading from anything other then the CD, it killed all my shortcuts and won't let me use them after
          That's kinda weird. o.O I haven't had any problems but I run some pretty custom interfaces. (I have to run Windows most of the time.. but it doesn't have to -look- like Windows and it doesn't have to -act- like it either)

Comment

I.. likes the movies. Ive watched it -alot- of times now ^_^.

Comment

Works like a charm, thanks.
              sigpic
              How to Save $$ at Christmas

Fingal Haller - dwarven scout, locksmith and mercenary
              Reuel - Human (absent-minded) Wizard
              Rudash - Orc-blooded lad with a chip on his shoulder

Comment

thanks alot, I guess I knew how to do this, but I hadn't really gotten around to it.

On nwn1 I had shortcuts to servers with the server +pw in the shortcut, saved me alot of time, anyone know if this is doable with nwn2?
                Janil - Halfling Archer

Comment

Much love to Arienna for this <3

As to that shortcut server thing..so far no luck either appearantly.
                  Retired.

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by RSPK View Post
                    On nwn1 I had shortcuts to servers with the server +pw in the shortcut, saved me alot of time, anyone know if this is doable with nwn2?
                    Direct Connect.
                    Dhaot Stoneshadow - Fledgling Wizard.

Comment

what do you mean? that would still mean that I'd have to boot up the game..
                      Janil - Halfling Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Arienna View Post
                        Lots of people have been asking me how to do this in the IRC channel
                        Head count : 3

Works really good though.
                        Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Originally posted by RSPK View Post
                          what do you mean? that would still mean that I'd have to boot up the game..
                          Found this from teh net... dunno if it works.. And Ithildur said it was not supported. Use at your OWN RISK.

The direct connect command option just needs you to target the installed "nwnmain.exe" with the +connect +password options.

Example of the target line of my direct connect desktop shortcut (notice the "quotes" around the target and the +commands outside the "quotes"):

"C:\Games\Neverwinter Nights 2\nwn2main.exe" +connect ***.***.***:5121 +password ***

I hope that helps.
                          Retired.

Comment

I just tried that skyde and unfortunately it didn't work.
                            Kindra Vandurin- Warrior of Tempus

Comment

Originally posted by skyde View Post
                              Found this from teh net... dunno if it works.. And Ithildur said it was not supported. Use at your OWN RISK.

The direct connect command option just needs you to target the installed "nwnmain.exe" with the +connect +password options.

Example of the target line of my direct connect desktop shortcut (notice the "quotes" around the target and the +commands outside the "quotes"):

"C:\Games\Neverwinter Nights 2\nwn2main.exe" +connect ***.***.***:5121 +password ***

I hope that helps.
                              pretty much the same as in NWN then, I'll try it later. Btw, what's the worst that could happen?
                              Janil - Halfling Archer

Comment

Working...
                              X