Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replying to tells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replying to tells

Something I got used to in NWN 1 was how easy it was to reply to and send tells. All you had to do was click on their portrait in the chat box.
    But in NWN 2, thats completely missing, and the only way I can figure out how to send tells is typing out the chat switch /t and the name, aka the long way. Unfortunately I often get a message "player not found" probably because someone used a ghost character in their name because they made their character several times with the same name, or something. Either way, I find it very problematic to reply to tells, sometimes completely impossible, even using /tp and the player name. And I'm sure some people think I've ignored their tells because of that. When the truth is I just can't figure out how to reply to them.

Is there an easier way to do it in NWN2? Maybe some option I'm overlooking, something I don't know about?

Yes, there are two easier ways - one I am using.

Click on your menue button and select the option (sorry, cannot look it up in-game and cannot remember it just now) where a little window is openened where all online character names (and DMs) are displayed (not the player list where the ID and character name are displayed). Then click on the character you want to send a tell to and the name will appear in your text box.

Don't try to write a tell to Asha'easaahae Ileleste by typing up her name. Ever.

There is another way - I think it is via a right-click on the conversation which only works when the one you want to send the tell to is in there. Wild guess though - heard it somewhere.
    Playing Asha'easaahae Illeleste & Frem

Comment

Click on the "eye" and then choose "Player Chat". Then you can click on the character name that you want to send a tell. You have to click on the character name every time, but it is quicker than typing in the name. (Especially if the name is long or hard to spell, lol)
      Character(s): Isiolia Le'len, Elf Ranger

Comment

2 ways

As far as I know there are two ways to handle this easier than typing it out.

1: Right-click on the character's name after receiving a tell. It should pop-up an option to tell (looks like /t "name of character") it's the top option in the pop-up I believe. Then just start typing your reply.

2: If you are looking to see who is on, left-click the open eye icon on the bottom left corner of your UI. There are two options that can help you. One is "Player List" which lists the players currently on the server, and which character they are currently playing. The second is "Player Chat" which will bring up a list of all characters currently on the server with a /t in front of their name. To send someone a tell, click on the name of the character and start typing.

I hope this helps .
        Thom Grinwell: A man lost in the world and inside his own mind.
        ------------------------------------------------
        Avatar is a pretty good indication of what Thom looks like on a bad day.

Comment

Thanks I'll try those.

Comment

So that's why Alydia'iira keeps ignoring me.

Comment

Oh my god, there is a player list WOOHOO!
              ... I realise this may be old news for you, but i never found it >_<

Yay me..

- Claron

Comment

Working...
              X