Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disconnect Bug - Multiple Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnect Bug - Multiple Computers

I have two computers on my network trying to run NWN2 at once, but only one is able to connect to a multiplayer server without the other getting disconnected. Me and my friend would both like to be able to play, but it doesn't seem to want to let us.

This is not a Sundren bug.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Know how to fix it?

Thanks!
    "Remember, the community loves you. Probably." - Sundren Tips

Obvious question: Did you use the same cd key (original or the xpacs) on both computers?

I've got two machines running NWN2 and I made the mistake on the most recent reinstall of using the same CD key on both computers for MoTB. When I tried to connect it failed.

Other than that, I gots nothing, sorry.
    The difference between a rogue and a hero often comes down to who tells the tale. – Danilo Thann describing Elaith Craulnober, in Dream Spheres

Avatar comes from a rather amusing web comic.

Comment

No, we used our own versions and CD keys.

We had the same problem on NWN1.
      He's currently playing right now, and my two disconnected characters are still in the game.. Even after like 20 minutes.
      The oddest thing though, is the game keeps putting his screen on my characters to control them; though, as soon as he tries to move them it switches back to his character.
      Just to test, I'll see if he can access my inventory and player stats the next time he switches to my character.

Comment

Okay. That's funky. Not duplicate IPs is it? What kind of router are you using?
        The difference between a rogue and a hero often comes down to who tells the tale. – Danilo Thann describing Elaith Craulnober, in Dream Spheres

Comment

Go to mydocs/nwn2player.ini

Find gameport. Change the number on one system to 5125.

Two clients cannot use the same NWN2 port to initialize a connection in a LAN to WAN environment behind a NAT router.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Ahh. Interesting.

Comment

Ah, fantastic. Thank you Saulus!

[EDIT]

Worked like a charm!
              Last edited by Vala Rift; 07-10-2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X