Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonight - Death System Overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rustediron
    replied
    Bah!

On another note, is it possible for people to move your place of death? for example:
    Person A: Lmao, person B, I found your corpse, but I can't rez you I don't have the cash xD
    Person B: Crap. Take me to the camp or something, hopefully a nice person will raise me there
    Person A: Sure, why not.
    -minutes pass-
    Person A: Dammit, sorry person B, gotta go. lemme just dump your corpse here so someone else can find you.
    Person B: Dammit, I gotta log too. cya.

In this case, where is person B's place of death?

Leave a comment:

• Maevan2
    replied
    Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post
    You'd have to be a lunatic to sell them anyway by the sounds of things.
    You forget how some people think: create 10 new chars, sell them, give the gold to a friend, delete the 10 characters, create a new one, get the gold from your friend and buy some nice starting gear. I have seen this happening on an NWN1 server where each new char got one free scroll of resurrection

Leave a comment:

• GodBeastX
    replied
    Originally posted by rustediron View Post
    not tradable! outrageous! lol

EDIT: can they be dropped?
    Nope. You're stuck with em.

Leave a comment:

• GodBeastX
    replied
    I'm pretty sure your corpse gets respawned when you pick the "Check corpse status" option with the essence of night. Not 100% on this though.
    That's what the option does. It essentially makes sure your corpse is still in play. If it's not, it gets recreated at place of death. If it is, it's a no-op. Place of death is stored presistently, so you will always have one when you relogin.

Leave a comment:

• Machiavelli
    replied
    Originally posted by rustediron View Post
    You'd have to be a lunatic to sell them anyway by the sounds of things.

Leave a comment:

• rustediron
    replied

EDIT: can they be dropped?

Leave a comment:

• Machiavelli
    replied
    Originally posted by Maevan2 View Post
    Well....i think i like the changes. At least they are realy worth a try. but there is one thing that makes me nervous: what happens with your corpse when the server crashes/restarts? Is still there afterwards so that somebody can still rez you. Or are you doomed till a DM shows some mercy (if you don't have such a Signus)?
    I'm pretty sure your corpse gets respawned when you pick the "Check corpse status" option with the essence of night. Not 100% on this though.

Leave a comment:

• GodBeastX
    replied
    So existing PCs will not be getting these? Just curious.

Also a quick restatement of my question about whether people will be able to pick-pocket them
    They feel more OOC than IC, I will likely set them no pick pocket. Although people will likely be able to sell them to other players if they want I might make a check though to see if they are dropped anywhere so they get destroyed (No muling).

Edit:

Actually, not tradeable either. Ignore that above.

Leave a comment:

• Maevan2
    replied
    Well....i think i like the changes. At least they are realy worth a try. but there is one thing that makes me nervous: what happens with your corpse when the server crashes/restarts? Is still there afterwards so that somebody can still rez you. Or are you doomed till a DM shows some mercy (if you don't have such a Signus)?

And what happens when you play with another charcter or just swith to RL because you have given up hope after 30 minutes? How can you be rezzed when you are not there? I don't think you can expect people to stay online for hours hoping for somebody to find their corpse and bring it to a temple.

Or am i missing somethign?

Leave a comment:

• Machiavelli
    replied
    Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
    "New players start with Signus items"
    So existing PCs will not be getting these? Just curious.

Also a quick restatement of my question about whether people will be able to pick-pocket them... which would be not good

Leave a comment:

• GodBeastX
    replied
    Originally posted by Tassafina View Post
    Wouldnt something like this be better to start at Level 5? I would think this be horrible discourageing to new players. Low level mages and rogues die like crazy at early levels. This would essentially force them to delete their characters and remake if they died more than three times. At least if you wait till level 5 they have a chance to make some friends that might think they are worth the sum to raise them
    "New players start with Signus items"

Essentially, because you're a lowbie, you shouldn't feel the need to die repeatedly. We're nice to people who figure out the encounters are rough, but that's about it. In a party it's not much of an issue. And you have to consider that there is still the RP exp every 10 minutes. Which I know has gotten more people past level 3 than you realize

Leave a comment:

• Tassafina
    replied
    Wouldnt something like this be better to start at Level 5? I would think this be horrible discourageing to new players. Low level mages and rogues die like crazy at early levels. This would essentially force them to delete their characters and remake if they died more than three times. At least if you wait till level 5 they have a chance to make some friends that might think they are worth the sum to raise them

Leave a comment:

• Rhifox
    replied
    I assume it counts for PvP deaths as well. That's why we have subdual.

Leave a comment:

• GodBeastX
    replied
    Yes, this all applies to PVP as well. You have to consider what that means, however. DMs are notified of every PVP, and even though you killed a player, we might come in and reverse the tables Also, there's a such thing as revenge, so people might find that PVPing someone, only to be killed later by someone else might be a poor way to go out.

Death is death in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Raksha
    replied
    Originally posted by Ethelo View Post
    I assume these rules apply to deaths as a result of PvP too?
    Bump for emphasis, since it's an important question. Wil this apply to PvP deaths?

Overall, though, I'm very happy to see these changes. Death being light was irritating before -- now will be considerably better for story and character development, as an actual fear is there. I do predict that even after quests are in, it will be ages before anyone gets and stays above level 15.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X