Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - Feb. 17th, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowmane
    replied
    For the record, this works. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Thief Of Navarre
    replied
    How will that help? .... Ohhh

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Lamb
    replied
    My suggestion is that you go get a stiff drink at your favorite bar.

Leave a comment:

• Snowmane
    replied
    To be honest I have not, but other faction members seemed to think this was still an issue. I'll try later this afternoon in the places that were mentioned in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Lamb
    replied
    It should be there. Have you looked around?

Leave a comment:

• Snowmane
    replied
    Originally posted by Yevelian View Post
    By chance has the banner drop of spot for Eboncoin been added back in yet?
    Just a bump as this is still an issue. My Eboncoin character is 100 rep points away from 3k rep where some decent gear becomes available and I can't get to it because I can't return banners. Poor Kirk is probably tired of me begging for vouches!

Leave a comment:

• Fezzik
    replied
    I haven't seen any "Zombie Knights" at all in Argyle anywhere actually. Replaced by the "mass blades of impending doom" happy casting orc caster maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Lugwy
    replied
    The dorfs of Whurest could disarm even before the update. I recall picking up player weapons after a particularly messy encounter quite a long time ago.

Took Julia on a trip to Argyle, strolled a little down the path towards the chapel and into the chapel proper.

Of note: Seems the zombie bowmen CR was adjusted lower, as Julia was no longer getting gold from killing them (no Knights spawned so can't say about them). Drops have been increased in the chapel, in both quantity and value. Fewer Abyssal Corrupters, so fewer dispels, so this would be more viable for those relying on buffs.

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Lamb
    replied
    Roger that, I'll take a look then! Seemed like a nickname haha...

Leave a comment:

• Seheren
    replied
    That is the name of one of the Kobold spawns in the jungle area before the temple.

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Lamb
    replied
    No need to apologize at all - I can understand being a little panicked at losing items like that. I just don't have an answer for you on Whurest

I do have a request - when you give feedback, try to give exact critter names when possible, and exact area names when possible. It isn't always readily apparent, without intimate knowledge of an area, which creatures someone is referring to or what zone is being discussed. The toolset can uncover this stuff with some exploring, but it eats up time.

Believe it or not, I haven't fully explored high level areas - those who see me, ever notice how many new characters I have?? So it would help me greatly if everyone could be a little more exact please. "Stabhappies," for example, I'm baffled about

Leave a comment:

• gbbishop
    replied
    Just seemed like they were disarming all of a sudden. Didn't see it as a bug I guess. The changes make much more sense now.

In retrospect my post does look a little negative. My apologies. I what to go on record saying a huge thankyou to PL for all his hard work. Certainly is refreshing.

The challenges are level appropriate (save the 3 stabhappys waiting in ambush)

I especially like the way the difficulty scales up. (referring directly to the temple on ixis)

Could even go up one more notch to the high talon boss fight. Making the room with the four gems like the room downstairs then the room downstairs could still have the boss. Unless we don't want the boss there anymore, but everyone loves a boss fight.

(The [green] dart blower is the one with confusion darts, I think. The two working in concert is what is scary and I think puts the encounter challenge at a higher level than the individual parts)
    Last edited by gbbishop; 02-21-2013, 06:37 AM. Reason: Gram-uhr

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Lamb
    replied
    Yes, please note:
    NO CHANGES have been made to Whurest or Bloodmaim areas yet. Some of the things you've highlighted above will be adjusted once I get there. Only so many hours in the day! So while they've remained the same, other areas' critters have caught up in CR but will probably be much, much easier. In the near future, expect both Bloodmaim and Whurest to cover CR range 19-20ish, and their actual difficulty will scale like the rest of the server accordingly.

Essentially, we're trying to find the right balance between PNP CR and MMO CR. We'd love a PNP world, but in a video game, making a direct translation is not easy. In PNP, you might gain a full level by going through one dungeon linearly, hitting six to ten encounters along the way. The same can't be said for Sundren. So, the actual difficulty of critters is being lowered, since killing more of them is necessary. There's other good reasons too - in GBX's words, the goal of regular encounters design is not to kill someone!

I'll take a look into the dart blowers. If they are white, they shouldn't be blowing confusion darts!

Leave a comment:

• Doubtful
    replied
    A few seconds of searching would have revealed that we don't tend to use disarm for NPCs due to the buggy destruction of weapons. From there it's simple enough to realise the inclusion of disarm is likely an oversight or simple forgetfulness, something a simple bug report or polite post would fix.

Expect it to be removed and in the mean time don't go to the Whurest dungeon.

Leave a comment:

• ManUtd4Ever
    replied
    Originally posted by gbbishop View Post
    I think it should be rare and the weapon should be recoverable.
    Here.. here. Recoverability of an enchanted weapon (any weapon) is encouraged. I don't mind the tactical setback of being disarmed. I just want to be able to recover my enchanted weapon once the melee is over.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X