Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Changes - March 20, 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sathayorn
    replied
    too big of a deal being madea bout loot here, but really, i like the "gold on kill" thing, only because it makes it so I doint have to run to all the enemies searchuing through their pockets in hoipes that the other people in the area havent gotten to them first.

Combat looting is very OOC, there is no wayt NOT to notice the barbarian putting his axe down and carefully searching the bandit for any valuables he may or may not have. Having to compete for loot takes the fun out of everything, though I disagree that loot is out of character. It should be dealt with and divided in character. A public message would be alright, such as "Halfling is looting bandit archer" or in the case of valuable items "Halfling has looted a *vague item description here*"

Clearly grabbing a magical greatsword is not going to go unnoticed, though, there are skills to do this. People who decide to steal loot should suffer in character consequence's for their actions, such as being labelled as a thief, unreliable and so on. Someone who stops fighting to search for valuables in combat is not to be trusted, not necessarily acting out of character.

Leave a comment:

• GodBeastX
    replied
    Originally posted by RynebowBright View Post
    I suppose so, but I still think people get their panties way too bunched up about loot. If you are having fun, who cares? If you are not, then play with someone else. It's just like when we were little and in the sandbox... Don't play with the people that throw sand, and just cry a bit when your friend throws sand at you until he says sorry.
    Ryne is new. She doesn't realize some people can't even afford the healing they use to get through dungeons

Leave a comment:

• Cheatcake
    replied
    Don't get me wrong, I agree with ya that it should be the best. But I think if this kind of harsh measure is being taken, people have had bad problems with someone sneaking around and just taking their hard-earned loot or rushing to take good loot and then logging off to don't deal with it :/ Sad, but it can happen... even good players can do it sometimes, like Kal mentioned. It takes just a single idiot to ruin the fun of a bunch of people, and sometimes it's an uninvited idiot too

Leave a comment:

• RynebowBright
    replied
    I suppose so, but I still think people get their panties way too bunched up about loot. If you are having fun, who cares? If you are not, then play with someone else. It's just like when we were little and in the sandbox... Don't play with the people that throw sand, and just cry a bit when your friend throws sand at you until he says sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Cheatcake
    replied
    That's easy to explain, Ryne

Clicker

"Treasure is an OOC part of a PW server. The items given are only there to help players progress and may not be a truely realistic acquisition at all times. As such, acquiring of these items must follow rules that are ordained OOC. All players who participate in a run of a dungeon are entitled to an equal reward from the items dropped by creatures killed or chests opened. Period. We hope players can settle disputes peacefully. If multiple people want the same treasure, try rolling dice over it, or finding a cooperative way to distribute. If you wind up selling an item, divide coins equally."

Loot is not supposed to be IC

Leave a comment:

• RynebowBright
    replied
    But how in the world can your RP that? I can understand getting the anouncement and saying your PC saw the other PC pick up something big if you are near them. But what about small items? Or if you are not close enough to see the PC doing the looting?

I think the loot anouncement thing invites a lot of metagaming and I would be a bit sad to see it here. That's just mho, though. Players figure out quickly enough who it's not fun to play with because they do that sort of thing. And if it is just a good player feeling greedy one day, well...I'm not going to hold it against them if it is a rare thing and fits thier PC's nature. I would feel icky doing it myself, but if they are cool with it I'm not going to freak out on them for it. It's just a game, I'd rather have great RP then worry about how much stuff my PC gets.

Leave a comment:

• Kaldaris
    replied
    We'll see about the public message radii.

The problem is-- It's not even the problem players at times. It can be the good players who feel particularly greedy one day and don't tell their party about that enchanted greatsword he or she just picked up.

Leave a comment:

• Pycroft
    replied
    ??

Does that mean that there are no more weapons or healing kits, etc. in the drops, or does this mean that they can still appear, but there will always be gold?

Pycroft Aura
    Ewan Rice

Leave a comment:

• RynebowBright
    replied
    That's sad if we really need to babysit players like that.

I guess all the loot-mongers can come play with me. I don't really care what my PCs get for loot as long as I have enough to get by. I may ask about something if I am looking for an item in particular or an upgrade, but other then that.. *shrugs* There seems to be more then enough loot on the server for everyone to get a bit without having to script the server to tattle on each other.

Leave a comment:

• Cheatcake
    replied
    You'll have to make it open to everyone Because, what if the ninja looter isn't in the party? I've played on a NWN server that did just that, when you picked an item it would send a green-texted message to everyone near about it.

Leave a comment:

• Ithildur
    replied
    I really hadn't realized this was still a problem; I'm guessing it happens with new players/lower lvl PCs in Sharahan Hills...

Leave a comment:

• Kaldaris
    replied
    We'll be fixing that too I'm sure, some sort of message system for loot when people pick items up. Transmittable to the entire party.

Leave a comment:

• Ithildur
    replied
    People can still ninja items though, sounds like.

Leave a comment:

• Tratz
    replied
    It was the aspect of grinding gold that I was sorry for =D! And yes, down with Ninja looting. I didn't really think of it from that perspective, but now that you mention it, I can't count how many times someone has walked by and picked up my loot after a fight has pulled my party and I away from the spot we started fighting in. This is irritating as all heck. I've always taken a deep breath and let it go. However, as usual, the DM community wins again. Thanks for the additional imput, it put my mind at ease.

Leave a comment:

• GodBeastX
    replied
    Originally posted by Tratz View Post
    Terrific. Now gold grinding has forced the DM's hand. Again, it's a shame this was needed. There is no reason why the gold drops should have any relationship to the mystical curve. On the plus side, more people to RP with. I'll see you all in game <3.
    Actually, in theory, people should wind up with more coins after this change than before. It's more Ninjas have forced our hands in this case. I have played on alot of servers, and I have no idea why Sundren is the only one people can't agree to a method of loot distribution that works

Also, I didn't want people grinding out their XP then sitting and grinding coins after.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X