Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sundren Jobs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundren Jobs

The Sundren Project thrives because of a strong community and a dedicated staff. A lot of talented individuals go into making the world of Sundren and our team is continuing to expand with the following open positions.

If you are experienced in any of these fields (professionally or otherwise) and are able to contribute 5-10 hours a week (minimum) then you may be right for the team!

For those attempting to break into the game industry this is a great opportunity to expand your portfolio and work in a dedicated team to provide great content for a great community.

The following positions are open to experienced applicants:

Level Designer

Level designers require the most experience on the Sundren team, you must already be very experienced with the toolset and area design in general. You will get the opportunity to work with great community talent and bring new custom content into the world of Sundren, allowing it to expand and grow.

- Requires extensive knowledge of the NWN2 Toolset and a high proficiency with mapping, experience creating modules
    - Modelling/Texturing Skills a Plus
    - Examples of previous work a must

Content Designer

Content designers require the least toolset knowledge. Their job is primarily to design NPCs, Encounters, Bosses, Items, Crafting Recipies, Components, etc as well as create backgrounds and histories for them. Good grammar and writing skills are essential.

- Basic knowledge of the toolset
    - Must be proficient with creating balanced encounters, creatures, bosses etc
    - Experience creating items according to balance needs
    - Good Grammar & Punctuation skills

Programmer, C++

Our C++ programmer is responsible for all our external tools and plugins developed under NWNx4 and Sundren's core utilities/functionality. Previous professional development experience a plus.

- Experienced with object oriented programming
    - Basic knowledge of SQL
    - Familiarity with NWNx libraries a plus

Scripter, Toolset

Scripters help create interactive environments, customized quests, and many other new and useful features in Sundren. Extensive experience with scripting in NWN1/NWN2 is essential.

- Knowledgable with nwscript functions
    - Knowledge of SQL a plus
    - Examples of previous work required

Writer, Toolset

Writers handle creating dialog and interactions between the player and NPCs. Experience writing dialog in NWN1/NWN2 a must. Writers not only write dialog and create interactive scenes for the player, but also write and create quests, no formal scripting knowledge is required, however advanced use of the dialog editor with scripts is.

- Superior creative writing skills
    - Excellent Grammar & Punctuation Skills
    - Experience with NWN1/NWN2 dialog editor
    - Previous experience DMing and/or writing a plus

Graphic Designer

Graphic designers should have extensive experience creating website artwork, professional material/experience a plus. High familiarity with Photoshop and/or Corel a must. Graphic designers help design web content & promotional material, as well as ingame visual content.

- Experienced with 2D/Vector art
    - Examples of previous work required

Dungeon Master

DM's help bring the world of Sundren to life, enforce the rules and police ingame disputes, and help moderate the forum. DMs must be mature (underaged applicants need not apply), unbiased and willing to deal with the bad apples along with the good.

- Previous DMing experience a must
    - Good grammar & punctuation skills essential
    - Proficient with NWN1/NWN2 DM client
    - PnP DMing experience a plus

If you are a web developer and are familiar with php/mysql or you are a composer feel free to drop us a line as well.

All applications can be sent to me via a forum private message.

*Note: Please read what I wrote for the position before sending me an application, generalizing what you can do to me while not even meeting the above prerequisites defeats the purpose of me writing them!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Working...
X