Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-launch near the end of August

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saulus
    replied
    Announcement concerning this thread will be up in a few. Closed.

Leave a comment:

• undeadsteak
    replied
    Beta or not, i'd still RP here, even if its going to get wiped....

but....

So many people dont want to playu ntil september because of having to rp a char for 1 month then have it wiped. I might not be on as frequent then, because with 3 or 4 players only, its quite boring. I might just be on WC3 most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Vichtor
    replied
    I'm a gaming fiend, but Quality and Stability should always take priority over anything else. If those two things are in the bag, the the third leg to that triangle is population...that means players, and that sets the groundwork for everything else from that point on. The key though, is making sure everything is absolutely perfect when you introduce that third element, or things can rapidly decay past what the original vision was. I can appriciate the hesitation to ensure all other elements are perfect before opening the world to chaos (also known as players).

Of course...I want to play NOW too. I also want the car from Big O....but we can't always have what we want.

Leave a comment:

• Die A Bee Tease
    replied
    I'm also disappointed that Sundren won't be up next week, and I agree with Kasso for the most part. I don't mind waiting too much because it will allow me to really develop a solid character. But I really don't see a point of RPing at all until September since your characters will just deleted. It would only be used for testing out classes you've never tried before but, 1. That's what VHC is for and, 2. I've already tried all of the classes at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Kaybrie
    replied
    However much I would love to test characters and stuff, players who stuck around after Sundren died off the first time, know that I put in a large number of hours after its death to try to have fun and whatnot... It's not happening with me anymore, I'm not advocating that I am stuck in my ways and that others should be to, in fact I encourage them to go out there and test... But I'm going to do what most of us hardcore veterans are doing, I couldn't stand to RP a character for a month only to have it torn away so, I'm passing the buck.

If anyone's interested they can contact me over MSN (In my profile) for awesome games of Dawn of War anytime. =3

See yall in September.

Leave a comment:

• Machiavelli
    replied
    Ah well... you can't blame us players for trying eh . Guess I'll just have to make some sort of incredibly silly character to play for the next few weeks (half orc paladin/sorceror with 6 CHA anyone? )

Leave a comment:

• Saulus
    replied
    Sorry folks you're just going to have to wait, there's some things that need to get done before I open the floodgates and it's very unlikely I can get them done before I leave.

That's just how it works.

If I were for example to say "Just screw it" and open it, then there is a very high chance of there needing to be a character wipe. This "stress test" was opened under the strict warning that these are "play-characters" and that nothing is going to be kept. In terms of bugs, the economy, and balance.... this is near the end of the line. After the next week or two there will be enough feedback, but namely enough time for us to finish what we set out to do, and bring the server up and running for people to play and this time keep their characters.

While I would love to make everyone happy and just give everyone what they want, you can't always do that. If people don't understand this, that's unfortunate.

Leave a comment:

• wangxiuming
    replied
    i agree as well. end of august seems...really far away

Leave a comment:

• Machiavelli
    replied
    I gots to agree with this also. Perhaps there are some techie type issues that I don't comprehend, but Kasso's basic points are all too true.

Leave a comment:

• Satoshi
    replied

"It was the last mistake Sundren would make."

Leave a comment:

• Ithildin
    replied
    I'm also for this suggestion, the server is playable with maybe a few thigns to work out but nothing that would stop people from rping and such. After having just gone through that on the other server many won't be in the mood to play for another month just to have their characters wiped out and have to start all over for a third time.

Leave a comment:

• Kokobunji
    replied
    Yeah I can basically say that I wont be testing a beta server for another month to have my character wiped, sorry dude but I and most others have better things to do than have repetitive char wipes. Although it is nice to play lvl 1-3 a few times on some classes it gets a little old a little too fast ^^

Leave a comment:

• undeadsteak
    replied
    Aye, i agree as well. I want to keep my chars, as otherwise, i don't feel too much of a point rping and playing, and putting effort into my char.

Leave a comment:

• cpas
    replied
    I have to agree here as well.

Leave a comment:

• Luck.exe
    replied
    I third this notion, awaiting Satoshi's coordinates.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X