Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Legend of the Wolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legend of the Wolf

"Alright alright, I'll tell another - but this round's on you friend!" The patron at a table within the Second Wind nudged his empty mug towards the hooded fellow that sat across from him, waggling his brow as he split a grin from ear to ear. The green hues that peered out from the depths of the hood fell to the mug in question. A hand rose, stags were exchanged, and the man saw his mead filled.

"Continue. ." came the hooded one's quiet reply.

"You ever been to Amn friend? Jewel of the West, City of Coin so they say! Well the coin flows alright, but how one goes about grabbing a handful makes the man. For one, that path was paved in blood. Not many were granted the privilege of knowing his name, if any at all. He was only known as 'The Wolf'."

The man paused, shooting another grin at the elf before him. Oh yes, it was an elf alright. He could see the indents of those distinctive knife-like ears. He could also see that his listener was captivated by the story. Perhaps he could ply another drink out of him yet. "He started off humble, tracking so-called bad folk and putting them down for coin that flowed from the coffers of the city. Bad part 'bout that is he had to share the spoils with those also on the hunt. Never rubbed right with folk, always thought of everything as one grand game. A jester of death I'm told. Somewhere along the way someone must have seized his talents for their own devices, because prominent figures started disappearing right quick, or worse. . left right smack in the middle of their guarded abodes with arrows lodged in the most fatal of places. He was a ghost, able to slink his way anywhere undetected. No stronghold was safe, no quarry too great."

The elf waved the barmaid over for his refill. The spinner of tales was pleased. "All attempts to go after the Wolf came to the same ends. Lost within the alleys, an empty thicket, you'd see him enter a crowd and just. . vanish. If ever a creature was born from the shadows, it was he. Now I can tell you for certain, for I was there. You could taste the change in the streets, some sort of hidden shift in leadership. For a time, no one came knockin' for your 'insurance' payments. People began to mutter, eyes turned towards the notably absent figure on the streets of Athkatla. Those gray leathers the Wolf favored no longer crept about. ."

The figure on the other side of him stayed quiet the whole time, amusement within the green hues that rested unwaveringly upon him. There was something off about his provider, but the coin flowed from his pockets - seeing his thirst sated. He picked back up, "Can't say for certain what happened, but the Wolf left his lair. Heard rumors he was heading north up the Sword Coast, looking for something. . someone. Can't imagine what - but you know how rumors are right? Notoriously unreliable!" He broke out in laughter, and the elf chimed in. His listener seemed delighted at the tale, which brought him relief.

"That they are. I'm afraid my time here's done, we'll finish another time." The elf spoke quietly, rising from the table.

"Of course! Anytime friend, I'll be here!" He called after the departing one. A whole night of tales from his homeland, belly full of drink - not a bad night at all. "Should have been a bard. ." He grumbled, turning back to let his eyes drift towards the hearth.

The hooded one traversed the room, pausing near the back door. A dark hand delved into the depths of a satchel that hung on the figure's side to retrieve a parchment - of which he pinned to the wall where one might see.

"River Swift"
    -W
    Step in front of a runaway train -
    just to feel alive again.
    Pushing forward through the night,
    aching chest and blurry sight.

It's so far, so far away~
    It's so far, so far away~

Cold wind blows into the skin,
    can't believe the state you're in.
Working...
X