Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sentient Swords, Volume I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sentient Swords, Volume I

Sentient Swords, Volume I
    By Tammy Plumtummet

Chapter 6

Vanitas Vanitatum is beautiful, and she knows it.

This unique blade was forged in the far East in 1030 for Kensaitsumaru, a Lord of great wealth who coveted a weapon that embodied his dominant personality traits; for Kensaitsumaru, it was to be representative of his conquests.

To make this blade, Kensaitsumaru required the finest smith and magus in the land. The first, the smith, was an aging man who had long ago refused build another weapon of death. The second, the magus without peer, was one who coveted privacy and isolation above all things. Both men refused to build the weapon, and both were forced against their will into doing so.

The end result was truly the smith's finest work. Yet, in their anger against the Lord the duo imbued the weapon with sentinence, and gave the weapon a name and personality that befit its weilder: Vanitas Vanitatum, Vanity of Vanities.

Shortly after the creation of the blade, Lord Kensaitsumaru killed both men to stop them from ever making another weapon of its kind--despite the fact both refused to ever work on weapons again.

She is a blade without equal in beauty, engraved delicately and shimmering with a great shine. Her sheath is also inlaid with engravings, and finished with red ribbon. No matter the battle she sees, no matter the blood that spills, Vanitas is ever pristine and unmarred by battle. When wielded she wants only to be admired, and demands her wielder conduct his business and battles with finesse. She will rebel against the wielder and make them feel ugly if she believes they are unworthy of her.

Vanity requires immense will and concentration to possess.

Working...
X