Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A gnome's perspective.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A gnome's perspective.

I sit here in the Sundren Library writing down a first hand account of my travels in these lands. I feel much can be learned through study of how people perceive the world arround them. I hope that one day, my writings here will be used to aid somebody in that way.

The land here seems to be as varied as any other region in the Realms. The one exception would be the large amount of rain. There are several places that would kill for such a high amount of precipitation. I have only explored some of the City and the Hills that lay to the South East.

The City is nice enough. There is a strong showing of law. The Legion seems to be the commanding voice in Sundren, backed strongly by the Helmites and a group called the Red Blades. I see mostly humans, though elves would be a close second. The dwarves I have encountered so far are smiths, proving that the City has an eye for quality armaments.

The Exigo is a merchant company that owns a few mines in the Hills and a large Trading Camp just south of the City (I'll have to note that the main smith there is also dwarven). I have been doing some minor adventuring work for them, slaying goblins mostly.

Ofcourse, I have met several intresting characters as of recent. I met an elf, at least I think he's and elf, named Perdian. He apparently is an officer in the Legion, and is under some sort of curse. he wouldn't go into detail, but we spoke of the ingredients needed to relieve him of this condition. I told him I would help where I could. I did over here a man and a woman speaking in the Trading Camp. Apparently there is another with the same affliction, and the man has some disagreements with Perdian and his methods, and the two are not working together. He must be a human.

I ran into an elf with a large black cat while slaying goblins in the Hills. A wild elf, the first I have met, who calls himself Falmari. The cat he called Kaim. He did not speak in the common trade tongue, it is a good thing I am up to date on my elven. Still, the accent took a bit to get used to. The elven spoken by the moon elves at Candle Keep was a bit more refined than the elven spoken by my newly found wild elf friend.

I have met a fellow gnome who is called From. He is an odd sort, even by gnomish standards, but he has skills that are in limited supply in these lands. He is a good shot with a crossbow, able to find weak points and cause great damage to our foes. He also has affinity with locked doors and chests.

I also met a human woman named Tami, though I have not seen her as of late. She is another odd sort. She has the voice of an angel, but her temper is not one I would want to test. She fights with passion and has proven to be a great asset in my travels.

Personally, I have done well and collected a few gems. I further my study of alchemy and found several tomes to aid me in that field. I have also learned how to imbue weapons and armor with spells. I have yet to test my methods, seeing how I use a simple crossbow and spells to get by. I hope to further my skills in both of these fields as my time here increases.

Falrynn closes the book and puts it in his pack. He nods to the librarian as he walks into the streets of the Entertainment Tier.
    Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
    Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
    Well, you've probably missed it
    There was never anything there
    In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic
Working...
X