Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mark of Ilmater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mark of Ilmater

Constantine lies upon an unadorned wooden bed, his body wracked with pain. His body contorts as the pain assails him from within and without. He blacks out.

Constantine awakens, now lying upon a cold stone floor, sitting in a meditative posture. He looks down and there is a crystal bowl sitting in front of him with pure clear water within. He looks within the water and suddenly, familiar images appear.

He witnesses a battle, a familiar one, one in which he recklessly charged up a hill and assailed Veritas elites and bowman. He sees himself faulter, then fall, and then he witnesses his friends fates. A single tear flows down his scared cheek.

Another image emerges - he is holding back a horde of undead and blackguards, throwing himself again and again at the attackers. Magic erupts and he is thrown to the ground, and lies still. Then he witnesses his companions, running and dying upon the same ground. A sadness envelopes him.

Yet another image emerges, Constantine the proud, Constantine of Ilmater, with his sacred flames, enduring the pain. He suddenly realizes he was wrong - he is supposed to embrace the flames. He feels a door opening within himself.

Constantine sits for it seems for days in this meditative state. He suddenly raises his head and an inner light seems to shine within him. "I have been foolish Ilmater, foolish and shortsighted. I lost sight of your teachings and my place within your temple. I will not make the same mistakes."

With that, Constantine closes his eyes one last time and he feels a caressing touch, before all goes black.

Constantine awakes within his cell at the Temple of Ilmater, refreshed and alive...........
    • Dalrion - Ranger of the Viridale
    • Constantine - Adorned of Ilmater
    • Crom - Priest of Gorm
    Bring me a Shrubbery!
Working...
X