Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaen's Confidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaen's Confidence

((OOC: Thanks to Phantom Lamb's awesomeness, this RP can be made.))

Cold air crept through the Triumvirate sending sending chills to the restless Paladins patrolling the Temple. Hano did not blame them for he was just as restless. The Artifact and the burdens it carried rested on the minds of The Triumvirate, bleeding through and to their faces. Even the leader of the Servants of the Loyal Fury, Balthasar seemed to be lost in deep thought over the object.

Hano in particular worried most about his capabilities in handling the task that was given to him by Balthasar. Indeed flattered, however, he was unsure if Balthasar's faith in him was wisely put. It seems the lot of the ones he called 'Brother' or 'Sister' seemed to feel the same as well.

Hano could hear them clearly. They spoke with confidence, believing their voices were masked under the sound of the rain and thunder. However... Hano had chosen to only pretend not to hear his two Brothers across from him.

"Mark.. I mean, I trust Balthasar and all, but Hano? He carries his sword well enough but, hells man. He has to carry at least twenty pounds in scrolls alone.. Without them he can barely remember half of the blessings and prayers we do! I dare not compare him to one of our finer Clerics or Brothers, either." The man pauses as they both glance to Hano to check his ignorance of the conversation. Pleased by his motionless silence they turn back to each other.

The other Paladin takes his turn giving his two cents, "He's too frail. I think that's why Balthasar gave him such reinforced armor, yeah? Surely either one of us could handle this task better than him. I trust Brother Hano enough, but... But I don't think he's ready. I mean... you agree, right Paul?"

Just as the words were finished being spoken they were interrupted by the roaring of a man who remained concealed in the shadows in the far corner of the bedding room, "What is this nonsense!?"

Standing from his bed, the silhouette marched toward the two Paladins, grabbing one by the ear and the other by the collar of his tunic. Exchanging glances between the two of him he barks, "You're fou - No! Five-Thousand years too early to compare yourselves to one of my squires." They do not respond to his scolding, too awed and ashamed that they were discovered.

The man releases the both of them casting a glare to Hano. "And you! Why are you moping there acting like a useless bar wench!? You're graced with the rarest of gifts on Faerun - Having been the squire of me, the Great Fury, Vaen! Yet you act so incapable?! You should be five times more capable than these dolts that dare call themselves Paladins!"

The man snickers at his own conceited statement walking to Hano. "You've got many o' years ahead of you if you wish to hold a blade against me, boy, but I'm sure I've beaten somethin' into that peasant mind of yours. Somethin' that these two fools here could only dream of obtainin'" His conceited expression fades only for a brief moment when Hano's face is clearly in sight.

"Bah.. Take this." Vaen reaches around his neck undoing his necklace. He slings it toward Hano with more force than needed. It collides into his chest, stinging a little as it slinks down into his palms.

"Don't question your greatness, Hano. Don't dare falter, boy. You're holdin' my honor now and I won't take kind if you end up gettin' slaughtered so easily." Vaen rests his hand on Hano's shoulder.. His compassion bleeds through his expression again, but only briefly before he catches himself and smirks. "You're to be a great Paladin, after all.. Second only to myself."

And with that, the man strides back to his bedside, nestling under his blankets... Only the beating of the rain and thunder crackling through the sky could be heard through the rest of the night.
    "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
    Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.
Working...
X