Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undead in the Viridale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undead in the Viridale

The following letter is translated from it's original version written in Elvish

6 Kythorn, 1372

High Marshal Keryth Blackhelm
    High Council of Queen Amlaruil Moonflower,
    Moonstone Palace, Leuthilspar, Evermeet

My' Lord,

As you instructed, I have traveled and presented myself to the keeper of the Viridale Glade. The Druid elders welcomed our assistance and filled us in on the latest news of the forest. It seems the things are even worse then we were led to believe. The evil creatures of the Viridale have banded together into what they call the Mossclaw Alliance. Further more there have been rumors of a hidden temple of Bane and I am weary that anyone I meet could be a Banite.

Today I was able to band together with a group of elven cousins and venture deep into the Viridale. We mounted an assault on a Gnollish outpost and won the day with minimal loss. The Gnollish Chief was wearing human made and magic imbued armor. This raised concerns of who may be behind, and or helping the alliance.
    We ventured deeper into the forest following the sound of distant war drums. We came upon a Goblin outpost which was the source of the drums. The goblins seemed to be in the middle of some heretic ritual. We were preparing to mount a surprise attack when we were ambushed by an army of undead. Undead zombies rose from the dirt on all sides grasping at our arms and legs. The men fought our way free valiantly and when the last zombie lay still, hacked to bits on the forest floor, most of our force gravely injured and several had gone into Solonor’s hands, a lone hunched and wrinkled Goblin approached. He identified himself in broken common speech as Gukthek one of the tribe’s elders. Gukthek after watching in awe our battle with the undead beseeched our help. He informed us of a man he referred to as a “black man” had come to them and the other clan chiefs using the threat of his undead army to force their service. Gukthek told us that this man, he later confirmed to be a Banite, had thousands of undead at his disposal. The Banite, Gukthek claimed was preparing to mount an attack on the human city of Sundren and the Viridale Glade.

Gukthek, vowed (for whatever a goblin’s word it worth) to halt all raids on the human lands of Sundren if we could free them from the dark hand of this Banite. I know it is not politic to make an agreement with the goblin tribe however, I felt it better to have a chance of halting the goblin threat for a time while we deal with this new greater threat of undead. He could tell us little more of where to find this Banite. Before I could question him further we were yet again set upon by another vast host of zombie undead. They came at us from the hills pressing our backs against the river with no way left to retreat. Many fell in the battle including the goblin Gukthek. I myself barely escaped with my life.

I have informed the Legion guard of Sundren and the elders of the glade of this new threat. We are making what preparations we can for the impending attack but I fear we have little hope to withstand against such a force arrayed against us.

I beseech thee My’ Lord, please send a cohort of archers to our aid in the defense as soon as you can.

Respectfully yours,

Aniel Ta’for

In service of Elders of the Viridale Glade
    Near the Human City of Sundren
Working...
X