Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dreamer's Notebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dreamer's Notebook

The following entries can be found in the leather notebook that Selis Vhaire-Milu carries upon her person. Each entry is clearly marked, and all are written in a steady, precise feminine script. Certain parts - mainly names - seem to be written in a type of code.

There is a section of pages that has been clipped together to separate it from the rest of the journal; the section can be found right before the current set of writings.

It has been so long since I have touched the pages of this book. I worked so hard in Baldur's Gate that I rarely had time to breathe - much less write for my own pleasure. Now, as my husband and I prepare to make a new life here in the lands of his birth, I find myself with the "free time" I never possessed in the past.

Husband. The word, in and of itself, is simply a title. When I apply it to Asvg, though, I find myself fascinated and awed by the result. He is my husband, and I am his wife. I suppose it is normal for a woman still in the throes of newlywed life to feel so amazed by the fact that she is married, but that I am wed to Asvg - the man I love beyond all reason - challenges my comprehension at times. It simply feels too wonderful to be real.

We may return to Baldur's Gate from time to time, but my love asked me earlier if we could stay here in the valley. He wishes to discover the truth concerning the whereabouts of his brother, Bsgxq. How could I deny my love's request? This place is his home, and I know the fate of his brother weighs heavily upon his heart.

My memories of Baldur's Gate are tarnished, besides. Asvg reminds me that I accomplished more there than most people, but I felt unappreciated. I gave the Baldurians a newspaper - a way to learn about their surroundings - and I received blank stares. I gave them a theater - funded by my own hand - and I received more blank stares. I truly hope the people of Sundren Valley value the finer, more educated pursuits in life rather than trekking through a cave for the umpteenth time.

It is not that I do not see the merit in exploring and adventuring. Quite the contrary, in fact - I enjoy traveling with my husband and sharing the thrill of excitement that one feels when vanquishing a foe. I simply want my life to be more than a series of forays into dank, dark places. I want to entertain and educate others. I want to be involved in the place where I live. I want to feel as if my efforts are appreciated instead of rebuked. In short, I want what every person wants, whether or not he or she will admit it: I want to leave my mark upon the world.

I achieved quasi-success in Baldur's Gate, which is the only reason I will endure the occasional trip down the coast to make sure my theater is not burned to the ground. The
    Gazette will not be missed by anyone except me. I wonder if this place has an active newspaper? I shall have to inquire.

I really hope that Asvg is right about this place. He says there is potential for us to accomplish greater things than we ever imagined in Baldur's Gate, and I want to believe him. I truly want to believe him.
    Keenan - who is she?
Working...
X