Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sun Razor Reborn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun Razor Reborn

From the journal of Dmytri Quartz

I had a most exciting adventure this eve. Vee took me aside inside the farmer's barn and showed me a very ancient sword, I recognized it immediately from its markings and my reading as the Sun Razor, but it seemed to have lost its magical enchantment.

I asked Vee to meet me in the Sundren City Library. The Seer granted us permission to explore the archives. After hours of searching the many tomes we found a book that contained a direct reference to this sword and how it was originally crafted. The Book "History of Legendary Weaponcraft" spoke of the Sun Razor and indicated that besides creating a runic zone and some chanting and minor preparations, that a large lens would be needed to focus the solar energy of the sun onto the sword to re-enchant it. It further stated we must be high on top of a mountain for the actual ceremony to get sufficient solar power.

We considered carefully and concluded that Sundren University might have such a lense from a telescope or other research device. We went to speak with the surly Professor at the University who, only after much persuasion, agreed to let us borrow such a lens in exchange for an orge heart, 2 pouches of silver dust (which I had already from my alchemy research), a nose hair from a hin (rather easy for me!), and 3 vials of ogre blood.

We searched the trading post and made numerous inquiries about the ogre heart, alas we had no luck! So we gathered together an expedition that included the halfing Syne, and the elf Trannt. The four of us headed to the Virdale Forest where we entered a know Ogre cave. After a very dramatic battle inside the cave, Vee was able to gut an ogre and extract its heart. There was an unbearable amount of blood, but we did get the heart. While in the cave my dear friend Nisa Featherflight a fellow member of the Co-Op and the best archer I have ever seen, stumbled into us and joined us for the rest of the adventure. A lucky coincidence. I feel much safer with her near!

The group headed back to the University where we showed the rather surly Professor our wonderful work. He, however, pointed out we had forgotten the blood. He agreed to a substitution and I was required to give over a pint of my own hin blood to fulfill that part of the contract in lieu of the ogre blood. He seemed to enjoy the process in an eerie manner. The needle was very, very large. I tried not to watch. I felt quite feint after the procedure, but I ate an apple after I felt a little better.

We were getting closer to our goal! And now only had to climb to a summit and perform the ceremony. We hiked to the city of Aquor where me met the Healer Rayner, a rather forgetful but friendly man and map-maker. He also agreed to assist us. So the expedition, now 6 strong, proceeded up the mountain where the cartel operates their operations out of. Unfortunately, Syne was knocked unconscious very quickly and we had to bring her back to Aquor for rest. The other 5 of us headed up the mountain fighting a number of cartel archers, wizards and rogues along the way. I cleverly used my magic to portal the group across the dangerous rope bridge near the peak!

At the summit, as dawn approached, I created a make-shift tripod and set the lens upon it. Vee set the sword beneath the lens and I created a runic pattern around it. As the sun rose, the runes activated creating pulsating beams of light. As I chanted, the solar energy focused and great shafts of fire struck the ground near the sword nearly killing me (and charring my favorite cloak!). But it worked! The energy infused the sword which sprang to life again, hot and glowing. We were all very excited! Upon detailed examination the sword is capable of emitting spell-like surges of fiery power and additionally does solar, fire damage upon contact. A most rare and wonderful sword of power! The most incredible item I have thus far had a hand in creating.

The journey down the mountain was much more difficult, hordes of cartel bombers awaited us. They covered the ground with inches of a sticky, greasy substance, making it impossible for most of us to move, let alone cast spells. I was so exhausted from the crafting and the blood loss I was nearly no help at all to group during the descent. We finally reached the canyon where the entire Cartel force waited for us below. As we crossed the bridge we were attacked most brutally (in retaliation for the damage we had caused their organization no doubt). Luckily, at the last possible moment, the Aquor City Legion guards came to our aid and helped guide us safely back to town.

Although scratched up, we were alive! And that is tale of how the Sun Razor was reborn!

Addendum: Rayner had, of course, forgotten the new maps he made on top of the mountain! D'oh. So I guess we'll have to ascend again to retrieve them, but that is another adventure.

A huge thanks to DM Hero for an incredibly interesting, exciting, fun adventure! Also thanks to Vee, Nisa, Rayner, Trannt, & Syne!

Working...
X