Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Requests and Events

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Requests and Events

*** What to and not to request, and we do want your request! ***

This post is ment to be more of a guide than a rule for players wondering how to use or what to ask for using the character request forum. If you haven't gotten a response from one of your posted requests and some time has past, bump it. We do get side tracked with all sorts of behind the scenes things as well as life. We are but human.

> I want to be king of the world, baby! <

You can request all sorts of things using the character request section on these forums. Lots of times we see requests for things of grandeur, which is fine. But please keep such goals as a long term goals. Sacking a town or storming a castle is something that may require development time in order to deliver the fun and proper dynamic changes desired. This is because our staff is a volunteer staff. We all have jobs, school, family, friends, hobbies, and/or other such responsibilities that may hold priority over our fun time fictional stories here. So major results may take some major time. You should take that long term goal and break it into many short term goals and event one offs that build up to your ultimate goal. Major, world changing, events also take senior staff approval. Short term, easy one offs, don't and more DMs are allowed to run such and thus you'll get better responses on your requests. I personally feel and suggest, though not necessary at all, that you should document your characters progression through a journal, story, or in some fashion on your faction's forum or in the journal section. This will create better communication with those staff members who see down time due to real life factors. It also wont leave you stranded if the DM you are working with takes a leave of absence as you'll have something for the rest of us to reference.

> I knew it was the one armed man! <

Following up with event lines that DMs already have going is always great. We get excited you are taking interest in our story, the lore we created for it, and will love to hear what sort of actions your character is taking to progress things. Don't feel rejected if you aren't able to progress things by yourself. Go find some friends and do some rp and brainstorming. Sometimes a specific class, race, or skill is required for the checks we have in place. Sometimes we just want to see some collaboration.

> But I just want a tea party. <

Some of the best requests are simple ones. The smallest of things may snowball into super great things and the build up is enjoyable for all involved. If you have huge detailed plans, thats cool too. Just try to make that first paragraph a summary overview so some of us can quickly look over it while at work or browsing on our phone. Small requests are also great for those players who don't have a lot of time to game and just want a quick adventure. We'll try to schedule something.

> Moar powerz, please! <

Requesting events just because you max out in rep and xp is not advised. Requests such as 'I want to be the bossman' come off as odd. Reword your request to show how you will earn your next rank and the steps you plan to take to get there. Acting entitled for whatever reason or being rude is also not advised and may receive a negative response, no response, or a slow response. DMs may create items specificly for the events they are running but are not required, and some will not, give you items purely on request without proper role play reasons.

Practice empathy and patience. Game on.

~Atmos.

This post is subject to change.
    "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams
Working...
X