Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sundren Client Installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundren Client Installer

Well some good news for you all, I've prepared the Sundren Client Installer and it has been working quite good so far. The beauty of how we will present the downloads is this: You won't have to redownload our entire client pack again every time we update.

We will provide patches just like a regular game, so if you take our PWC file (140mb uncompressed) and we make a small change, instead of redownloading the entire package to get the update, you only download the part that has changed in that file.

There's no hassle figuring out where to put the files, it all seamlessly installs into the correct directory without you needing to change a thing.

People will need to check the website regularly to see if an update is available, many times there will be a new one and you may not notice because you can still login to the server. If you ever encounter any server stability issues you will need to first double check and make sure you're running the latest version!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

I suggest having a little box on the side of the man page stating the latest version was released so everyone will know if they need to update or not.
    The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.

Character: Melrick Pinton

Comment

Swwweeeet! That will help bring in more players who fret over the PWC file. Im really looking forward to playing on this server .
      Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

Comment

Wow. Excellent job... People like to be able to click and play rather than searching through pages of downloads.

And I like Revil's idea. Something telling you if there's a new update or not would be nice... But it probably wouldn't matter, because I'm pretty active here anyway.
        Character(s)
        >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
        ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Is this the same thing as the NWN2 Audolo?
          There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

No. I have no plans to use Audolo right now. This may change but so far no one has really convinced me why I should use it.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Because it does exactly the same thing your proposing?

That and I am currently using it on another PW that's still in alpha. All I needed was to download Audolo and type in and save the address being used for the file scan/check and downloads.
              Of course I know the flip side is the host has to have a place to 'host' the files from and update them from there.

*shrugs* But then again I haven't seen this 'client installer' does yet, so I can't tell what the difference is. Another seperate third party download?
              There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragoncleric View Post
                Because it does exactly the same thing your proposing?

That and I am currently using it on another PW that's still in alpha. All I needed was to download Audolo and type in and save the address being used for the file scan/check and downloads.
                Of course I know the flip side is the host has to have a place to 'host' the files from and update them from there.

*shrugs* But then again I haven't seen this 'client installer' does yet, so I can't tell what the difference is. Another seperate third party download?
                Its just a small .exe file you download and then run. It takes like 2 seconds to DL and another 2 seconds to install so its fast and convenient. Personally I don't like audolo because for new players it can be confusing. When I first used it for this server I used to play on, it took me like 30 minutes to figure out how to install it.
                As the moon shines down upon the darkened land, a lone mage sits with spell in thought and book in hand.

Comment

This is fantastic news, I myself was worried about the complications that might arise from the PWC. I'm glad to know you guys have developed something so useful to all of us. This will make playing much easier and less stressful for us.
                  - Faltru

Comment

Excellent news, helps out alot for the players

Rogue Player:
                    Ok, I'll tell you what. I'll give you one gold for every door you open here in Undermountain.

Fighter Player: Hmmm..you got yourself a deal

DM: *grins*

*Actual happening in PnP D&D*

Comment

Working...
                    X